Mini Bud interest, growing or a fling of the past??

Status
Please reply by conversation.
180CM C/Ku Price Focus Dish Antenna

SADOUN SD180PM w/ Polar Mount

Shown with optional (Floor Mount and LNB Scalar ring)
2 Models are available:
SD180G : Ground Mount Style
SD180PM: Polar Mount Style (shown above)

Advantages over other brands in the market today:

• [*]
    0.8mm thickness reflector panels (others use 0.6 or 0.7 mm steel)​
    [*]
    Galvanized Steel (others use un-galvanized steel)​
    [*]
    Rust resistance powder coating​
    [*]
    Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Mounting Brackets​
    [*]
    Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Hardware​
    [*]
    Precise parabola​
    [*]
    High Gain​

Here are a few pictures

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]SP180 consists of items #12 through 19 in the above diagram.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial] [/FONT]​

"Chapelrun"-

I just got back from PAKMAIL, mailed you four large printing press plates to use to cut the scaler rings from. There should be more than enough material to make several conical versions. The cost of mailing the plates surprized me a bit, fuel costs for US mail must be through the roof! Oh well, promised you free sheets and you should have them before the weekend. The sheets are packed pretty tight in the cardboard tube so you may have to tamp them out and even use a pliers to pull them out of the tube. In return please provide us a review of the DMX741 using your 90cm dish and the 1 meter if you manage to get it back. Would be nice to see your results for both KU and C-band using the DMX741.

As for me, I am getting a DMX242 free for testing. I plan on starting my mini-bud tests all over again, and this time taking even better photos to post and very detailed information of my test results for this LNB along with the BCS621-2, GeoSatPro dual C, and the DMX241. I will be testing these on a 76cm, 1 meter and 1.2 meter offset dish. I also plan on using several FTA stbs during testing, the Coolsat 5000 for sure as well as the Pansat 2700A and an AZBox if I can borrow one (how about it AcWxRadar)?

I plan on using the flat scalar rings during each test that came with the LNBs along with a comercially procured conical scalar and my home made version for comparisions. All this may take some time to compile the data, and believe I should post results as soon as each step is completed along the way. I should have the DMX242 soon, I hope the weather improves so I can get started when it arrives. In the meantime I blew the dust off my Pansat 2700A and hooked it up this morning.

Some initial results using the Pansat stb running off the 1.2 meter dish with the DMX241 LNB and flat scalar:
RFDTV on 103W C-band was registering 69% signal quality on my Coolsat, the Pansat reads 72% level and the quality is bouncing between 49% and 53%. I had better quality levels prior to snow blowing my dish out of alignment a few weeks back. On 87W C-band channel TVU was getting 94% quality on the Coolsat if not better, the Pansat is registering 75% for quality. Not sure how good these levels are for C-band on a 1.2 meter offset dish, does anyone have a BUD setup (6 foot minimum prime focus) and a Pansat stb to compare these figures to?

When I get to posting the results of the DMX242, I hope the rest of the mini-bud testers will jump in with their comments and own test results.

Thanks Robby for the DMX242 for testing.

Scincerely,
Walrus1957

First miniBUD for me

I just got my new combo C and KU Band LNBF (DMX741) from WS International and a C-Band LNBF Bracket for Offset Dish from Satellite AV and could not wait to try them with my GeoSatPro 90.

Even though the sun was going down and the wind was blowing very hard I went up on the roof and installed the LNBF. Since the dish was already pointed to 103W I just left it there. I did not really have enough sun light to move to a different satellite. Anyway, I'm already amazed at the results.

After installing the LNBF - - - first scan of 103W I got 12 channels on C-Band and 3 KU channels.

I've included some pictures but will soon post the Signal and Quality.

Also, I will be adding the Flat Scalar rings by walrus1957 - - thanks walrus

Attachments

• miniBUD-90.JPG
    miniBUD-90.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 154
  • miniBUD-fromBack.JPG
    miniBUD-fromBack.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 147
  • miniBUD-TV-pic.JPG
    miniBUD-TV-pic.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 158
That pretty cool chapelrun. I have an extra 3abn 90 dish that I was about to motorize for ku, maybe I should give this a try. Which channels / tp's are you receiving.

Appears to be PBS on 103W

I'm getting what appears to be 12 PBS channels from 103W C-Band. Very similar to what is found on 125W KU-Band.

Here is the info

Freq SR POL Signal Quality
3727 4444 H 59 70
3746 14029 H 60 49
3756 30000 V 67 59
3792 4340 V 62 49
3800 4340 V 62 49
3716 30000 V 67 93

I checked Lyngsat and this is not in listed but since it is PBS - - - I hope it is OK to post here.

This weekend I hope to make the flat conic scalar and see how much it increases the quality and possibly point to 99W and 91W to compare.

Making "incremental progress" on my mini-BUD project since the weather has been nice. Actually got the Q to briefly go green this afternoon for the very first time!

Sort of a surprise since my makeshift holder makes most ghetto rigs look factory built.

As a double check on my sanity and memory, what should the LNB settings be on the CS6000 using the DMX741U (just using the C band port, not the combo or the KU side)?

The universal part I got - but I'm getting various resuts selecting the very limited choices in the drop down menu.

Since the tools are put away for the day, I think I need/deserve a cocktail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)