AMIKO Mini HD SE - How do I modify Channel List?

fred555

Pub Member
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 18, 2014
77W
I downloaded the channel editor from here. http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm
Then I go to Software upgrade, Backup to usb, select channel list.
I move the usb stick over to the computer, and on channel editor open the udf file
and nothing happens. I click on Favor Group 1, nothing.

What's wrong?

Laying here about half asleep, will give you a good answer in the morning, if someone else don't.
but make sure you are opening as a BIN file. Drop down the file type in the open screen and select .abs file and when asked select user database.

Ok I did backup mode all. I opened the abs file ok. Found the tranponder for the channels I want to edit.
I change the SID to 99 and click OK. I get an error that Audio PID1 is invalid. The Sid change is made to 99 but Audio PID1 is changed to 0. If a channel has two Audio PIDs, both error out and change to 0.

???

Hmmm. That is strange. I have not messed with it in a while I will have to try and look later at it.

....well I have used it lately, just not to mess with PIDs.

The Audio PIDs change to 0 by themselves after the error.
I am just trying to change the SIDs on LAFF, Bounce, Etc.. So I can rescan to look for feeds without the custom channel names reverting back to Ch-17, Ch-18 etc...

I just did some tests changing the Service ID, and it worked just fine changing to 99.
I did it on channels with single or multiple Audio PID's. They stayed where they were and I did not receive any errors.
The only thing I did not do was test with the MUX that LAFF is in, as it is not programmed into my box.
Email me your back up file, so I can work with the same one you are working with.

Reactions: fred555
I am looking at it closely and I see the audio PIDs are not right in the abs file for instance:

LAFF
On screen
VPID: 289
APID:290

In abs file
VPID: 289
APID:8482

Everything looks good. Also am editing LAFF etc no problems.
I don't know about the one in the link but try this one.

Attachments

• Mini HD SE Edit.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,015
U DA MAN!!! It works,
What is the url for the proper channel editor? Mine was off the Amiko Americas site and it did not work.

I just successfully edited channels from my mini HD SE with the editor just downloaded from the link:
http://www.namini.tk/index_files/Page318.htm
Make sure that all files included with the editor are placed in the same folder.

STB:
  • Save All and it creates an .abs file on the USB: BAK-20xxxxxxxxxx.abs
  • Remove USB from STB and insert in PC
----
PC:
  • Launch AliEditor
  • Open File >>> select Files of type: "Open Bin File(*abs)
  • Select the BAK-20xxxxxxxxxx.abs file
  • Click Open
  • Select User Data Base
  • Publisher could not be verified....BLAH BLAH BLAH... Click Run
  • Click on All Services if you wish to view entire channel list.
  • (or to view by satellite: Expand All Services / Expand Satellite Information / Select the satellite to edit from the list)
  • Right Click on the channel to edit and select what you want to do or double left click to edit the service parameters
  • The PIDs and PCR will be greyed out until either the channel type is changed between TV/Radio or the Service ID (SID) is modified to 0. I like using SID 0 so I can modify PIDs and match Audio and Video PIds to creat my own custom channels. For example: on NBC channels I have created a few custom channels using the same VPID, but a single APID, so I don't have to hit the audio button to toggle between the audio tracks (just change channels).
To save:
  • File Export Save as type: Open BIN File(*abs)
  • File Name: <yourfilename>.abs
  • Select Data Base: User Data Base and OK
  • The file will be saved
  • Eject/Remove USB from PC and insert in STB

----
STB:
  • Select your custom file
  • Upgrade mode Channel list
  • Click Start
  • Will reboot after loading custom channel list.
  • Finished!!!

You can make the channel list you factory default either during the editor saving process or after it is loaded into the STB.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: fred555 and KE4EST
Well part way through typing it says new posts view them.
Brian got it so I stopped typing . :)

Reactions: fred555

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)