Mini HD265 no signal level

yewww001

Original poster
Nov 29, 2020
I’m newbie of FTA, I got the Mini HD265 just now,my dish is ds-2076,standard ku Lnb,no signal level,signal quality is 6%,if I use another receiver,signal level is 90%,quality is 0,who can help me? Thank you!

It sounds like you are not locked on a signal.
First of all what satellite are you trying to lock?
I suggest starting with 97W, Galaxy 19.
First make sure you pole is completely plumb and make sure you have a good line of sight(LOS) to 97W.
You can do this by going to www.dishpointer.com and entering your exact address, this way you can zoom down to your house and the surrounding area, like trees, buildings, etc.
While at dishpointer select 97W from the drop down list and go to the bottom and it will show you what your dish elevation and your skew should be. Set these two as close as you can, you can touch them up later.
It will also show you what direction the dish should be pointed from your location, again put this as close as you can....making sure to pay attention that you have a good LOS to the satellite. Trees and buildings can block the signal.

Now, go into your receiver and in satellite setup choose 97W Ku then from the transponder list select 12152 H 2000. I should have mentioned you need to be able to see your screen while at the dish. This may require you to set up a small TV at the dish and run an extension cord out. Now very slowly rotate your dish left and then right from where you started watching the quality meter.
No signal? Then mark your start and raise your elevation about 1 deg., then repeat the above. Still nothing raise it again a degree and repeat. After a few degrees and nothing, go back to the start and start lowering your elevation one degree at a time and moving the dish slowly back and forth.
Remember to do all this very slowly and take your time, this is not the same as aiming a terrestrial antenna, this has to be spot on. So, it can take some time, especially when you are new at this.
Once you do have a lock, then you can touch up the elevation and skew for the best result.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts