Evil DishNetwork Echostar 19 (97.1w) masks Godly Galaxy 19 (97.0w)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rogerxx

Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Ohio
Both Galaxy 19 and Echostar 19 satellites from Ohio are very close, within 1 degree or less.

I'm almost positive I'm pointed and peak at ~97.1, Echostar 19 (Dishnetwork) 97.1w. I'm guessing Galaxy 19 is going to be somewhere below the peak, slightly offset, but seems I'm going to have extreme difficulty peaking Galaxy 19's signal.

Any tips on trying to point a 1.2m (4 ft) dish at Galaxy 19 97.0w with this problem?

(Well, anyways, should be at least thankful I'm currently listening to Channel 6 EuroNews. All other channels from the blind scanned transponders are encrypted, and a few of the listed/found channel names match DishNetworks International subscriptions service. No other identification.)

Echostar 19 is an internet satellite and on a completely different frequency range than Gal 19. If you think you are DISH Network, then you are aimed wrong as it sounds like you are aimed at 119 degrees west.

He might be receiving Echostar 10/11 at 110W. Euronews is on this satellite.
Yeah, I wanted to look that up last night, but it was so late. :D
So, he needs to go to the left a bit and up a small amount.

Transponders:
11001 10879 10788 10757 10727 11973 11882 11851 11760 11123 11032

Viewable Stations Identifications:
bbcar clrsr wllow atn zeemr tvbn jusn tvbdc tvbe tvb1 mbcdr mbc3 zeetv samay indt grekc sspfm udaya gmap gmal dwls dzbb

Nagravision encryption is extravagantly utilized on almost all channels/stations.

Certainly looks like DishNetwork International service, transponders DO NOT match transponders listed at:
Dish USA on EchoStar 10/11 at 109.8°W - LyngSat or

I'll move back to the previously peaked/tuned signal and re-compare transponder numbers. Thought I was previously aimed at 91w, went a 1/4 inch clockwise on a 2.5-3" diameter pole and should now be at 97w, but seems the elevation is a bit extremely low for ~40/39 degrees, more like at 20 degrees now.

Weird, wish the FCC regs were similar to amateur radio or land based transmissions/comms, would be really nice to see test screens on at least one station. Oh well, as they say, push on and aim for another satellite...

Last edited:
Maybe you were originally on 72.7W Nimiq 5 (Dish) and moved to 82W Nimiq 4 (Bell). Both use Nagravision. Using a smartphone app or compass, can you measure the direction the dish is currently pointing? Standing immediately behind the dish, I can usually measure within a couple of degrees.

Or you could have originally been on 82W and moved to 91W Nimiq 6. Again both have Nagravision.

The dish elevation has an offset so if it looks like 20 degrees judging by the face of the dish, it's probably 40+ degrees elevation.

Added: Also, what LNB are you using? What is its local oscillator (LO) frequency? I think you have configured the receiver with the wrong LO frequency which is why you are getting those odd transponder frequencies.

Maybe you were originally on 72.7W Nimiq 5 (Dish) and moved to 82W Nimiq 4 (Bell). Both use Nagravision. Using a smartphone app or compass, can you measure the direction the dish is currently pointing? Standing immediately behind the dish, I can usually measure within a couple of degrees.

Or you could have originally been on 82W and moved to 91W Nimiq 6. Again both have Nagravision.

The dish elevation has an offset so if it looks like 20 degrees judging by the face of the dish, it's probably 40+ degrees elevation.

Added: Also, what LNB are you using? What is its local oscillator (LO) frequency? I think you have configured the receiver with the wrong LO frequency which is why you are getting those odd transponder frequencies.
KSC322-2 Universal Ku LNBF - Twin

I also have a C/Ku combo LNB

The satellite receiver uses predefined satellites, so I have to select a satellite such as Galaxy 19 to enable blind scanning. Selecting Satellite: Automatic doesn't configure properly, states nothing is connected with LNB connected, looks like automatic is for aligning to specific satellites for initializing a motor setup.

Last edited:
To manually aim for 97W select that in the satellite list, make sure you are on the ku side. Also, make sure you are set for a universal LNBF. Now, choose 12152 H 20000 from the list. If not there add it. Now, you can slowly move the dish watching the quality meter on your receiver.

Just saw you have an Edision Mio. If you purchased this from Titanium, the transponder I stated above should be in the list. As cyberHam mentioned above if you have a smart phone there are plenty of apps to help. Also, if you go to dishpointer.com and input your exact address and then select 97W, it will display what your exact angles should be. If your pole is plumb, this will get you very close. Also, while at dishpointer and 97W selected zoom in on your house, move the pin to where your dish is mounted. You will see exactly where it needs to be aimed. Then you can go outside and look to see if you are aimed at the same land mark. Example, gravel pile, neighbors mailbox, etc. Also, make sure you knew is set properly, or at least pretty close on your LNBF for 97W at your location, or this will further make things are harder. Once you have a signal on the a quality meter, you can peak the skew, elevation, and azimuth. ;)

Now I remember why I was using dishpointer.com... to zoom and identify landmarks for finding satellites. I was at the site yesterday but completely forgot why I was looking at the site besides satellite information.

Found Galaxy 19 after finding Galaxy 17.

Even though I recently re-magnitized my compasses, boy am I glad I do not have to rely upon a compass for navigation! Or, the Lyngsat.com site is out-of-date.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)