minimum 1 joey per hopper

Were you able to get any configuration that includes less than 1 joey per hopper?

• Total voters
Just for kicks, I just chatted up another Dish CSR. This time I was told I could not do a 2H/1J configuration. I pointed out I was told earlier in the week on chat that I could and that I saved the transcript. After three times of going away and checking he said he could not do it. I mentioned that was a shame when Direct had a 5 tuner system. I was immediately transferred to retention. LOL

However, even retention told me it would not be allowed. The crazy, crazy people making the rules at Dish. Wow! You know I really want the 2H/1J and I am tempted to do as others have and just remove a Joey later, but I've almost talked myself into investigating Direct now. Hmmm.:cool:

Sorry if you have already tried this, but have you gone with the approach of "I would like two hoppers/one Joey" in case one hopper goes out that if that happens I lose the ability to watch tv? I don't know if that helped with my install this Upcoming weekend

I ordered a 2 hopper 1 joey set up but when it went into the system showed up as 2 hopper 2 joey set-up....came and installed first hopper and joey (but didn't have the duo node for the second hopper) today installer came and installed the second hopper and joey (2nd joey not linking yet) grr but will wait till morning and see what happens.

Am I the only one that wants 2h/0j?

2 hoppers @ $200 no joeys installed. I just refused the joeys and it worked. monthy fees $17.00

My interest, if I decide to "upgrade" from my two ViP722s, would be 2H/0J. I MIGHT be persuaded to 2H/1J, but I doubt it. Before I would ever sked an install, I'd re-run some of my coax with 3GHz. Not an easy task. And label each coax. And build a walkway in my attic over the newly blown in insulation (to get to the home run). And add a coax drop or two. And check every wall plate for up to snuff connectors. And wait until I could get OTA, full Hopper seamless integration, and the ability to program manual timers from the STB, not just online. And losing my "no locals" grandfathering would be, shall we say, a bit difficult.

But frankly, because Dish has lately come up with so many barriers to a 2 Hopper 0 Joey installation, I have been forced to reconsider Fios. I already have two legs of the triple play. It seems I might save significant coin of the realm by adding Fios TV and dropping Dish (after a period of 1 receiver and minimum programming, to allow for watching/recording EHD programs). But trying to get information out of Fios, and I've tried multiple approaches, is "trying." You think Dish has poor CSRs? Try calling a toll free after hours (or even working hours) Fios rep. Or, Lord forbid, CHAT. I've had pretty good experience with Dish CSRs over the last 10 years, even helped educate some poor Indian soul in how Dish actually worked. But I simply cannot get past a Fios script Droid. I'm sorry, that was insulting. A Droid appears to have considerable intelligence and knowledge. If I ever get complete answers, I can make an informed decision. But the Fios customer support experience has so far moved the "what is it worth in monthly savings?" a great deal in Dish's favor.

My confirmation email says two hoppers one Joey, keeping my fingers crossed for my install tomorrow that there is not a snag

What does your confirmation email say? Some were told that but their email says differently. Just curious what your says.

This is confirmation that your recent request to change programming or upgrade your receiver has been processed/updated. Please review the details regarding your service change. If you have questions or need to make changes to any of the information displayed below, please call 800-333-DISH (800-333-3474).

Programming Added
(No Change)

Programming Removed
(No Change)
Equipment Added
Receiver Hopper
Receiver Hopper

Receiver Joey

Your installation technician will arrive between **********

Paperwork tells the story...looks like two Hops and a Joe to me.
:coffee

I argued with some on this site that 2H/1J would logically be allowed for a home with 3 HDTVs, and was told no way, the configuration was not on the price list, I was wrong. It looks like Dish is relenting but, I couldn't wait so I accepted a 2H/2J installation and planned to deal with the extra Joey later. But until Hoppers can talk to each other I discovered that putting the extra Joey on another HDMI port at my main TV gave me the ability to access the other Hopper and its EHD almost transparently, so I'm keeping it until the software integrates the Hoppers.

The most logical installations for this equipment (if you can spring for the initial extra $100), are 1H/0J, 2H/0J, 2H/1J, 2H/2J, 2H/3J, etc.. Dish should allow these as the best options for their customers. Meanwhile, using that extra Joey isn't a bad idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)