Minimum EHD Size for Hopper’s

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
What should I format it too?

Edit: I’ve tried NTFS,fat32,and unformatted with the msdos partition table. Havent tried gpt yet.
Next best guess, from experience, bad EHD power supply. I had a Hopper replaced for the same reason as yours, no diff! When I traded a power brick (from an identical housing), it showed up!

Next best guess, from experience, bad EHD power supply. I had a Hopper replaced for the same reason as yours, no diff! When I traded a power brick (from an identical housing), it showed up!

It work in any other system I use and it will spin up before plugging usb in. Already tried several power supplies and none work. The drive just might not be compatible. It’s a western digital Scorpio blue.

It work in any other system I use and it will spin up before plugging usb in. Already tried several power supplies and none work. The drive just might not be compatible. It’s a western digital Scorpio blue.
Guess it's time to move on to something else.

Guess it's time to move on to something else.

It’s odd because I previously plugged in another drive of mine and it was recognized but now it isn’t anymore. At least it’s not like I’m running out of space on the hopper, I just want to have the option if I were to upgrade.

Related question: I'm getting the H3 installed on Sunday and am needing a hard drive to transfer/archive recordings. Does the hard drive need to have a separate plug or can it be one that just has USB power? I know the DISH site says it needs its own power supply, but I just wanted to make sure.

Reactions: joewhite57
There are those that say that a USB powered EHD works just fine for them. Dish doesn't support that. The Hopper's power supply may give that EHD power for a while but it will tax it. It is best to use a self powered EHD.

Smaller hard drives will work, if they have already been formatted by a 612/622/722, but it appears that a Hopper will only format a drive if it is 320GB or larger.

I have tried blank 100GB and blank 250GB drives and my Hopper never recognizes them.

250GB drives that I have that were formatted when I had a 722 are recognized and used by my Hopper.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts