Minimum monthly contract with HBO?

I'm not too convinced a $5 downgrade fee applies to HBO, but I may be a special case.

When I became a new customer in October, I chose HBO for my 3 month free premium service (and I was prepared to pay $5 if I chose to get rid of it in 3 months time).

I didn't watch it much in 3 months so I got rid of it. I called the 800 number and got rid of it through automation (no customer service rep had to speak to me). I was never charged the $5 fee that I was expecting to (disclosed on the back of my DISH Network bill).

I don't know if that's because it was a promo offer for new customers, if it was because the transaction was automated and involved no human to process, or what the case might be.

that's my experience, your mileage may vary.

I'm not too convinced a $5 downgrade fee applies to HBO, but I may be a special case.

When I became a new customer in October, I chose HBO for my 3 month free premium service (and I was prepared to pay $5 if I chose to get rid of it in 3 months time).

I didn't watch it much in 3 months so I got rid of it. I called the 800 number and got rid of it through automation (no customer service rep had to speak to me). I was never charged the $5 fee that I was expecting to (disclosed on the back of my DISH Network bill).

I don't know if that's because it was a promo offer for new customers, if it was because the transaction was automated and involved no human to process, or what the case might be.

that's my experience, your mileage may vary.

You are not a special case. :rolleyes: The HBO for free or any free premium does not get charged 5$ transaction downgrade fee. It is a promotion. It is not the same as adding hbo and taking it off 3 months later. The business rules are very clear and not open for interpretation: when downgrading any service 5$ transaction fee, when downgrading or changing adult services 10$ trans fee. I work for dish. I don't think, I KNOW. On the other hand, it is within our judgment to not charge the transaction fee in some cases.

Does anyone know how to get a good deal on HBO? I'm wanting to do the same thing. Is there any way to get it for a discount for being a good subscriber?
There are only three ways to get a discount on HBO:
- Pay for 12 months of HBO up front, then you get one month free.
- Combine it with another Premium Service, and then the combined cost is less than the sum of the two services
- Get it as part of the DVR Advantage Plan

DVR Advantage Fees

DN 211 and component hook-ups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)