minimum signal strength

ecarl4100

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2006
Tennessee
Could someone tell me the minimun signal strength on the meter to be able to have a good enough signal for the receiver to pick up the transponder? I'm getting low 40's on my spotbeam (good weather) hope i'm pretty close to at least getting a fair weather picture. Thanks.

ecarl4100 said:
Could someone tell me the minimun signal strength on the meter to be able to have a good enough signal for the receiver to pick up the transponder? I'm getting low 40's on my spotbeam (good weather) hope i'm pretty close to at least getting a fair weather picture. Thanks.
Get a technician out ypu need to get that dish peaked on a spotbeam you should be over 100% on a clear day.:mad: :mad: :mad:

make sure your looking at the right spotbeam. Example : my locals are on spotbeam9 with around 100 signal strength, i can go down to, say, spotbeam 7 thats got a 65 signal. Thats doesn't matter because spotbeam 7 doesn't carry any channels that i get, its got locals from another city thats probably a couple hundred miles away but the spotbeam bleeds just enough over in my area to pick up a signal. If the spotbeam your looking at on the signal strength screen is not about the same as all the other non-spotbeam transponders then your looking at the wrong spotbeam that doesn't carry your locals. Just something to thing about.

My local channel the screen display shows no signal / Satellite 110 spotbeam 23. When I go to the menu and check signal strength, where you select the satellite and transponder, is the spotbeam the same as transponder in reference to the signal strength meter?