Minneapolis Fox & My channels having tower work done

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
saw an scroll on My29 (WFTC) during Maury ;)

Starting tomorrow and going until the 16th WFTC (29) and KMSP (9) will be at lower signal power during the day until 5PM each day while they do tower upgrades. They mention boosting power but we'll see how that works out.

So looked like they weren't really ready for the digital switch been that they were under powered huh

no they have been ready for years.
9 is at 30K watts on Channel 9 since the FCC thought :rolleyes: that 30K watts digital would give you the same coverage as 316Kw analog (they were way off on that)

29 is at 1 million watts already (max allowed on UHF) or so I thought....a report I saw shows them at approx 800K watts

I think they might try and crank up the power on 9 since the reception sucks. It got to the point that they took the SD feed of 9 & 29 and swapped them so folks who have issues with 9 can at least get the SD version via 29.
So 29 has 29-1 and 9-2 on it and 9 has 9-1 & 29-2

Both are O&O and did some channel changes for the DTV conversion (9 was on 26 before 6/12/09 and 29 was on 21 before that)

They must be doing something today as 29-1 & 9-2 (RF29) are both at half power right now

58 on the converter box (normally 95+)
9-1 & 29-2 show 95 on converter boxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)