Minneapolis Fox/My network SD digital channel swap

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I didnt know really how to title it ;)

For alot of folks in Minneapolis after the conversion they lost Fox. KMSP9 was on 26 before the conversion and moved to 9 after it (their old analog spot). The range wasn't the best. Formerly Minneapolis was a digital UHF market.

Looks like they kinda fixed it...and they're not doing what some stations have done and ask for a "fill in" channel. Some stations are asking the FCC to add a translator at their old digital spot

anywho...folks in Minneapolis or who can get KMSP & WFTC rescan. Hell if you couldnt before rescan. Since both are owned by Fox they switched the SD channels. So when you scan here is what happens

digital 9
9-1 is KMSP-HD (Fox)
the 2nd channel...formerly KMSP SD is now WFTC SD (My Network) but it still maps as 29-2

digital 29
29-1 is WFTC HD (My Network)
the 2nd channel...formerly WFTC SD is now KMSP SD (but still maps as 9-2)

confused??

9-1 is KMSP HD...digital channel 9
9-2 is KMSP SD...digital channel 29
29-1 is WFTC HD...digital channel 29
29-2 is WFTC SD....digital channel 9

so basically if you couldnt get KMSP before because of it being on 9, you can at least get a SD broadcast on 9-2 because its using 29 which seems to travel farther.

well the SD version sucks right now...KMSP better get their head out of their ass and fix it

-Its 480 resolution but there are black bars on the side. The old SD channel filled the screen. This wont on most HDTV's
-it has a real bad st-st-stuttering problem. Looks like the picture keeps freezing for a split second

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts