Minneapolis FOX OTA Guide Messed Up

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
About a month or so ago the local FOX station in Minneapolis made a bunch of changes to their 9 & 29 subchannels. The Dish guide on my hoppers has been incorrect since and so I can't record OTA on those channels. I contacted DIRT and they put in a request but just checking to see if others also have the issue.

What's wrong with the guide info?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
In Minneapolis Fox owns the Fox affiliate (KMSP 9) and the My affiliate (WFTC 29). They did a combining of PSIP info and moved channels around (subchannels). Tivo and Directv got it figured out rather quickly so dont know why Dish couldnt. I wonder because its OTA and not satellite they wont touch it (the dishquality guys)

By the way here is what happened (old info listed too)

9-1 KMSP FOX HD RF29 (use to be RF9...moved to 9-9)
9-2 WFTC MY HD RF29 (use to be 29-1)
9-3 Movies! RF29 (use to be 29-4)
9-4 Bounce RF9 (use to be 29-3)
9-9 KMSP FOX HD RF9

By the way in Minneapolis there are 3 different setups like this where there are 2 different RF channels but combined PSIP. PBS is one and ABC and an Independent is the other

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I have the same issue. Customer service says it's been transferred to a technical department. They've been saying that for two months.

I also noticed there is guide information for 9-4 Bounce now too. That was never there before. Any chance they will ever get guide information for 9-3 Movies, and 5-2, which is channel 45, and 5-6 this? Why did bounce all of sudden get guide info and we can't get it on the other subs?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts