Minneapolis Locals on 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

primetimeguy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
St. Paul, MN
Anyone else getting major pixilation/drop outs on all locals fro Minneapolis on 129? It appears to only be the one transponder as my other channels appear fine. Watching NFL today the PQ seemed worse than normal with even more compression that typical I thought. And now for the last hour all of the big 4 are dropping out non-stop.

I hate the pixelation, don't get me wrong, but...

It kinda makes some of the political ads rather funny. When you drop out words here and there, it completely changes the sense of what's being said. Sande

Are they going to get this fixed or are they too busy getting ready to pull the Gannett stations

I have NO Minneapolis local channels on Dish at all. Called Dish and they said that MInneapolis transmission is whacked for some reason. Hope to have it fixed within 24 hours. We will see?

I wouldn't say it's fixed, maybe just better. KARE11 broadcast of Revolution has been macro blocking and showing digital artifacts like a HDTV receiver will when the signal is fluctuating. My OTA home made antenna sees about 67 on KARE11 (damn high VHF stuff) and looks more stable.

I agree, while they channels are back they look like crap. Same as they looked Sunday during the day when I double checked if my receiver was outputting 480i. I'm hoping they are just having encoder problems but to me it seems they have again reduced bandwidth or crammed more channels on the transponder. So much so the equipment started crapping out Sunday night and Monday. It looks like I'm watching YouTube.

They didnt put any more channels on the TP (per thelist its the same amount)

Has to be a dish issue because it looks fine on Directv (and if I remember right they both use the same facilities to gather the channels)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)