Mirror Hopper 3 on 2nd TV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zplugger

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2018
Fenton MI.
I want to add another to my Hopper3,it will be mirror off main tv. Can I run a component cable from living room tv to the basement tv ?. I have a Samsung TV upstairs and a sharp TV downstairs,will I be able to control the hopper from downstairs with another 54 remote,guess what I'm asking is can I have two remotes to control the hopper3 ? I would like a remote for both rooms if possible,if downstairs the living room TV would be off anyway.

I want to add another to my Hopper3,it will be mirror off main tv. Can I run a component cable from living room tv to the basement tv ?. I have a Samsung TV upstairs and a sharp TV downstairs,will I be able to control the hopper from downstairs with another 54 remote,guess what I'm asking is can I have two remotes to control the hopper3 ? I would like a remote for both rooms if possible,if downstairs the living room TV would be off anyway.

Sure can :)

You can pair up to eight remotes to your Hopper 3

Yes that will work but if you have a 4K TV connected to the Hopper with HDMI then the component output will go blank if you watch 4K or use MultView.

OR... you could use an HDMI splitter, preferably a powered one.

If you mix HDTV and 4KTV, the same caveat applies, the HDTV will probably go blank when you switch to 4k.

I recommend Monoprice without reservations.

Reactions: charlesrshell
OR... you could use an HDMI splitter, preferably a powered one.

If you mix HDTV and 4KTV, the same caveat applies, the HDTV will probably go blank when you switch to 4k.

I recommend Monoprice without reservations.
I had a hdtv splitter and used it for my hopper and computer room tv . The tv in the computer room only did 720p and when I tried to use it for 4k on the 4k tv , it would also default to just hd, even if it was on 4k channel like Netflix over the hopper. So unless I have a 4k hdmi splitter and two 4k tvs, I will get the weaker signal on both tvs.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)