Mirror PC video and input on windows tablet/laptop

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Am replacing my desktop with a beefier gaming tower, and was wondering if there was a way to easily mirror the video onto a tablet and/or laptop, along with the input (keyboard and touch pad/screen).

My older kids have laptops, and I've been thinking of getting a laptop or tablet for myself.

I'd basically like to be able to remotely operate the desktop from another room, sending the video to the remote tablet/laptop. As well as send the input from the tablet/laptop's keyboard and touch pad/screen to the desktop, so that we can play games from another room if we wanted.

Was curious if there were any good programs out there that anyone would recommend. Or if it was even possible.

I occasionally use Remote Desktop on my Nexus 7 (Android) to do backup on a Windows 2008 server at work from home. It is not useful for doing anything that involves a lot of interactivity absent a mouse and full keyboard. Playing games is probably not going to happen (not that it would be any better running via RDP on a notebook).

There's an RDP client app for Windows tablets. I know because I've seen it listed on the CERT list of software vulnerabilities.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)