"Mirroring" help

DallasBill

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Plano, Texas, United States
I'm still getting used to the Hopper experience but I've seen the term "Mirroring" used here and there in topics, can it be explained to me? I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys,would I benefit from it? :confused:

All Hopper outputs are live. You can run wires from secondary outputs to other TVs, or use, for example, an HDMI splitter to feed a second (etc) TV from the main. All will watch the same program, of course.

Do you want a fifth TV connected?

Mirroring is another way to get the signal to numerous TVs in your home (SD & HD). You can install a RF Modulator at a Hopper or Joey to mirror the signal to all TVs attached to it. I have three Modulators attached to three different Hoppers going to a 12-port home distribution splitter. With this setup all TVs have plenty of tuners to use if necessary. All Modulators are RCA composite type ports (red, white, yellow) so the HDTVs the picture will be SD only if you view it thru the Modulator. If numerous TVs are not an issue for you the Hoppers and Joeys is the way to go, but TVs will not be able to sync a recording together if that is a concern for you. Here are two wiring diagrams of my home system. One diagram is Modulator and OTA only for easier viewing.

Attachments

• HopperDiagram-PriJPEG-PTAT.jpg
    HopperDiagram-PriJPEG-PTAT.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 132
  • HopperDiagramMod-OTA-PriJPEG.jpg
    HopperDiagramMod-OTA-PriJPEG.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 157

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts