Missed Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Upgrade Lately?

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2005
D* didn't call or show up yesterday for my scheduled install of 2 HR-20's and 5 LNB dish. After being transfered 4 times and placed on hold for almost 20 minutes I received a $100 credit for the missed appointment.

Between this $100 credit and all of the other credits and free movie channels that D* is giving me, D* is paying me almost $200 to switch to the HR-20's from my current HR10-250's. :)

D* didn't call or show up yesterday for my scheduled install of 2 HR-20's and 5 LNB dish. After being transfered 4 times and placed on hold for almost 20 minutes I received a $100 credit for the missed appointment.

Between this $100 credit and all of the other credits and free movie channels that D* is giving me, D* is paying me almost $200 to switch to the HR-20's from my current HR10-250's. :)
Did the tech bother to call?...Or his office? To let you know the tech was running late or wasn't going to make there at all?...

When I read about no call no shows on here it leaves me pulling my hair out..I can understand a tech getting stuck on a job that prevents him from arriving to his next job on time. It happens frequently. But to not call customers when there is a delay is disgraceful..Glad you got the perks....

"DirecTV didn't call or show."

DirecTV was sending an actual employee to do your install? WOW, usually its just some contracted company that hires regional/local people to do the work. If that was the case, which I am sure it is, then DirecTV would have no way of knowing the contractor's hired help wasn't going to show or didn't show, until you called them to complain or unless the installer and/or his company tells them.

DirecTV was sending an actual employee to do your install? WOW, usually its just some contracted company that hires regional/local people to do the work. If that was the case, which I am sure it is, then DirecTV would have no way of knowing the contractor's hired help wasn't going to show or didn't show, until you called them to complain or unless the installer and/or his company tells them.

You are correct, it was a D* contractor that was supposed to do the install (Michigan Microtech). However, D* admitted that the workorder never got to the install company, hence they didn't show up. They issued the credit without me even asking for it. I rescheduled the install for the end of January, I just hope the weather will allow for the it.

Hopefully all will work out the end of January.

See, this is where the inconsistantcy lies. On another thread you say that D* isn't responsible for the bad installers. Yet THEY DO take responsiblility for them. When they don't show or call the subscriber gets a $100 credit. D* can't have it both ways. They can't say, "well, the installer is a sub and they suck, and it's not our fault" and "yes, they didn't show, we will take care of them and you too. Here's $100 and a bunch of freebies". Which is it? Are they going to be the man and take responsibility for their subs or not?

See, this is where the inconsistantcy lies. On another thread you say that D* isn't responsible for the bad installers. Yet THEY DO take responsiblility for them. When they don't show or call the subscriber gets a $100 credit. D* can't have it both ways. They can't say, "well, the installer is a sub and they suck, and it's not our fault" and "yes, they didn't show, we will take care of them and you too. Here's $100 and a bunch of freebies". Which is it? Are they going to be the man and take responsibility for their subs or not?

Scotsmanron...

Bless you for your comments :hatsoff: ...for some reason charper1 does not believe that D* has any responsibility for the contractors installing their services.:confused: If the contractor or sub does not do the customer right, it should be up to D* to fix it. However...it appears that charper1's mentality runs throughout the D* organization.

You guys are mixing blame and responsibility. Blame the installers for missing appointments because it's their fault. It's D* responsibility to make it up to you because they hire the intallers. That's all that Charper1 is saying.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)