Missing channel logos

thechaz05

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 26, 2011
Irwin
Am I the only one who is constantly missing channel logos in the epg? I know it's not a huge deal, but it irritates the crap out of me.

It's the original hopper with s238 sw. My signal strength seems to be good going by the chart from another thread. I have also not noticed this issue on my joeys.

Whenever this occurs I also do not get the picture of the show when pressing info. A reset usually brings them back, but man does it bug me.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I don't suffer from missing channel logos very often . I 've seen it maybe twice since I've had the hopper.

:mad: people tell me I just look for problems, i say "is it too much to ask that things just work as they are supposed to?"

Am I the only one who is constantly missing channel logos in the epg? I know it's not a huge deal, but it irritates the crap out of me.

It's the original hopper with s238 sw. My signal strength seems to be good going by the chart from another thread. I have also not noticed this issue on my joeys.

Whenever this occurs I also do not get the picture of the show when pressing info. A reset usually brings them back, but man does it bug me.

I have the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

*shrugs* I never have that issue on my Hoppers of either generation. I have seen it before though, a long while back.

*shrugs* I never have that issue on my Hoppers of either generation. I have seen it before though, a long while back.

For me it's about every day and several times a day. I go to the guide and like half the channels are missing logos. Then later they are back but another group is missing. It's maddening.

Are your sat signals decent?

Best I can tell. I would check now, but my joeys tell me point dish is not an active feature and the hopper wants me to stop my recording first. I don't really have any trouble with signal loss though. I had some pixelling a couple months ago just on one hbo channel but nothing since.

My new hws is missing them but my new regular hopper has them. The Joey hooked to the hws is also missing the icons. I have a call in to get the hws replaced due to this issue.

Best I can tell. I would check now, but my joeys tell me point dish is not an active feature and the hopper wants me to stop my recording first. I don't really have any trouble with signal loss though. I had some pixelling a couple months ago just on one hbo channel but nothing since.

No other unusual behavior on your receivers other than the logo issue? Does the Joey have the same issue?

No other unusual behavior on your receivers other than the logo issue? Does the Joey have the same issue?

Other than the same little "bugs" everyone else does, not really. There is the autohop issue that I have been working with dish sw about, but that is not believed to be receiver specific related. Only other strange thing is sometimes after the nightly updates it defaults the channel to the dish help channel which is weird.

I only use the joeys at night in bed, but no I don't recall noticing it.

How long has it been going on?

A little while now, I know it was happening with the last sw version but I can't be certain if it was going on with the one before that.

Do you always have either Hopper(s) or Joey on during the nightly reset?

Check the date of the last Fsck in
[(Menu+Settings)=yellow]+Network Setup+Tests+View Counters+many Page Downs.
Is it recent, like this morning?

Maybe you machine is not getting its daily "refresh."

Just a thought, -Ken

Do you always have either Hopper(s) or Joey on during the nightly reset?

Check the date of the last Fsck in
[(Menu+Settings)=yellow]+Network Setup+Tests+View Counters+many Page Downs.
Is it recent, like this morning?

Maybe you machine is not getting its daily "refresh."

Just a thought, -Ken

Fsck shows 1:05/14/14 12:09am

Garypen, glad I am not the only one who feels this way. :)

Not sure what that is about.

I had that happen to me. It took a couple of weeks before it cleaned itself up.
As it is in the future, the date means it won't do a Fsck until then or the system updates.
There seems no way to force it to do so this short of a "reinstall." Keep an eye on it.
You could ask a Dish tech. I'll bet when it updates things will be working better.
Best not to block the nightly for too long.
Really should do Fsck for any "future" date because that means it is just wrong.
-Ken

I had that happen to me. It took a couple of weeks before it cleaned itself up.
As it is in the future, the date means it won't do a Fsck until then or the system updates.
There seems no way to force it to do so this short of a "reinstall." Keep an eye on it.
You could ask a Dish tech. I'll bet when it updates things will be working better.
Best not to block the nightly for too long.
Really should do Fsck for any "future" date because that means it is just wrong.
-Ken

I appreciate your optimism. :) Myself, I have my doubts. I actually don't block the nightly updates so I don't know. Just really annoyed at this point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts