missing channel?

Tobar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Sacramento, CA
I have a question. I have a 942 and a 322. Yesterday (10/30) and today when I try to watch channel 13-01 or 13-02 on my 942 I get the screens stating the signal has been lost. Yet it shows 100% reception. These are being received by an OTA. I receive 10-01 and other OTA channels just fine on the same unit. I do get channel 13 on my 322 (it's just 13-00) I've included pictures of the screens.

Attachments

• DSC00027.JPG
    DSC00027.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 187
  • DSC00028.JPG
    DSC00028.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 167
  • DSC00029.JPG
    DSC00029.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 196
Tobar said:
I have a question. I have a 942 and a 322. Yesterday (10/30) and today when I try to watch channel 13-01 or 13-02 on my 942 I get the screens stating the signal has been lost. Yet it shows 100% reception. These are being received by an OTA. I receive 10-01 and other OTA channels just fine on the same unit. I do get channel 13 on my 322 (it's just 13-00) I've included pictures of the screens.

Remove all the local channels from your 942 and then once done rescan them, the missing channel should come back. :)

You also might have a multipath problem. Is your antenna in the attic? Trees in the path of the antenna?

I have a similiar problem in that the sat feeds for the locals disappear along withe epg info. I called and finally got a advanced tech who said they are looking into the problem. It has been 6 days and no answers yet, although the sat feed pop up every so often. They come in fine on the 811.

Tobar said:
I get the screens stating the signal has been lost. Yet it shows 100% reception. These are being received by an OTA.

I had a similar OTA issue recently... and thought the same thing you did.. that the signal strength was fine... However my antenna bolt had broken and what was happening was the antenna was moving in the wind. The signal would drop to 0 and before the 942 could recover the alert came up and then the picture came back. I just happened to see the 0 one time and started poking around.

Check your antenna aiming.. it could be it just far enough off.. that something blowing in between it and the towers is causing the problem.. if it's an outdoor antenna then make sure it hasn't moved on the pole.

Cheers,
Sam

Hi Tobar, Scott, Goaliebob99, and everyone else;

I am newly registered here, but have enjoyed everyone's comments for quite a while. You have all been very helpful.

I too am noticing the same problem as you are, Tobar. Unfortunately, with the horrible 811, I don't get the loss of signal screen. I have to reset the receiver or unplug the antenna so I can change channels.

I do not have any problems with any other OTA channels. It seems to be a problem with KOVR themselves. The station has had more difficulties than any other station in the area. I have an e-mail into Mr. Olson the technical director. He is usually very helpful. He helped me get my waiver so I could get CBS HD East Coast.

If I hear back, I will let you know.

Scott

Welcome to the sight Techsac :) If its the station.. then there is nothing you really can do but bitch to the station... here in chitown we got 4 stations that are screwed up.. 3 of them no one gives a rats ass but we still complain :) one of them is up in digital but bradcasts nothing :D

Thanks for the welcome goaliebob and congrats to the Sox (even though I'm an Angels fan). They played an awesome season of ball and are well deserving of being the Champs :)

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts