missing channels on directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zakary95

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2006
i've been a dish sub since day one and switched to directv for the hell of it i wanted more hd and its coming and i'll wait and the equipment offer was better i have 4 hdtv's but i was wondering why doesn't direct have all the movie channels that dish has in sd format they are missing like 4 more starz and 2tmc 2 maxs why didn't they offer them in the beginning like dish has had them all along anyone know why

Because god hates D*.

Seriously, it is probably due to a combination of things, like, contractual issues, bandwidth, and demand.

i've been a dish sub since day one and switched to directv for the hell of it i wanted more hd and its coming and i'll wait and the equipment offer was better i have 4 hdtv's but i was wondering why doesn't direct have all the movie channels that dish has in sd format they are missing like 4 more starz and 2tmc 2 maxs why didn't they offer them in the beginning like dish has had them all along anyone know why

Don't know why but I know it's cheaper than DISH.:D

Originally premium movie services weren't offerred by D*, USSB had the rights to premium services until D* bought them out. E* used to have less movie channels but over time made some additions like 2 Cinemax channels. Each service has decided what they want to offer in their packages,both could add more channels if they wanted to.

It really doesn't matter that much, as they play many of the same movies on different channels at different times. Actually the difference is only 3. D* has 31 and E* has 34.

It really doesn't matter that much, as they play many of the same movies on different channels at different times. Actually the difference is only 3. D* has 31 and E* has 34.

matters to me, i wouldn't and don't pay 12.00 for 3 channels of max

Status
Please reply by conversation.