Missing channels - to techs

Enraged newb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2013
Forest Hills, New York
I just went to a trouble call for some missing channels after changing everything same thing happened still missing Espn channel.

After talking to dash with 2 30min calls they said it's now a known issue with a number of receivers.

so heads up my friends some channels are down on some receivers.

For example out of 4 receivers only 2 got Espn.

thanks!

Mike- the dish guy

I just went to a trouble call for some missing channels after changing everything same thing happened still missing Espn channel.

After talking to dash with 2 30min calls they said it's now a known issue with a number of receivers.

thanks!

Mike- the dish guy

Board members running to their receivers to see if "Damn, Charlie really did tell Disney to shove it" in 5... 4... 3....

thanks!

Mike- the dish guy

What model receivers?

thanks!

Mike- the dish guy

You know there is an actual "installer forum".....

Just saying cuz its says 'to techs' in your title.

No mistake. New contract requires DISH to drop ESPN from random receivers. It saves DISH money. :eek:

Some receiver models have two current software versions. Could it be affecting only certain ones that way?

thanks!

Mike- the dish guy

Quick question...as a Dish employee (but not a tech), do you have any more info on this? Just saw this. Curious, how did the system info page check out? Any missing sats or yellow/red for any sats? Seeing it on eastern or western arc? Run check switch? I'll have to check the Known Issues tomorrow to see if there is any note about this, but any info you have would be helpful.

I don't think thats a known issue. I would check sats 119ts7 or 72ts13 and make sure the signal is locked and strong. I would also have a hit sent and let the guide rebuild. Did you try swapping receiver locations to see if channel 140 would show up after the receiver acquired signal and redownloaded the guide? This sounds like an issue with signal and I'd be willing to bet that if ESPN was missing, there were also other channels missing that you didn't notice. Did this person subscribe to HD and were all the other HD channels showing up?

I don't think thats a known issue. I would check sats 119ts7 or 72ts13 and make sure the signal is locked and strong. I would also have a hit sent and let the guide rebuild. Did you try swapping receiver locations to see if channel 140 would show up after the receiver acquired signal and redownloaded the guide? This sounds like an issue with signal and I'd be willing to bet that if ESPN was missing, there were also other channels missing that you didn't notice. Did this person subscribe to HD and were all the other HD channels showing up?

That would be my first guess. Weak signal somewhere. If the transponders show signal then I would try swapping out the LNB. I've seen bad LNBs just not work on certain transponders

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Is ESPN still on 110, perhaps he is missing a satellite (weak lnb, shows up on receiver closest to dish)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts