Missing Channels

cleodog

Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
CA
I signed up for the everthing package. Many of the channels I click on say

"Please don't call us we know the channel is off, we will get it back as soon as possible"

or something like that.

Does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks

I first tried Reboot, no change.

OK, here is more info, I went online to my account and here is what I found out....

I just installed dish in my vacation home in AZ, I told dish no locals wanted, I took one of the receivers home to CA, near Los Angeles. My account shows locals purchased from Phoenix, when I click on them, I get the message from above.

I would rather have locals from LA, so that when we go to AZ I know what is happening at my home.

I asked dish, (before I knew Phoenix locals were turned on), if I could get locals from LA turned on, they said no, but gave me a number of a guy that could turn on locals from New York and San Fransisco.

Any thoughts? Should I be able to get Pheonix locals in LA? If not, I will call dish and make sure they turn off to save the $5 a month.

Last edited:
I first tried Reboot, no change.

OK, here is more info, I went online to my account and here is what I found out....

I just installed dish in my vacation home in AZ, I told dish no locals wanted, I took one of the receivers home to CA, near Los Angeles. My account shows locals purchased from Phoenix, when I click on them, I get the message from above.

I would rather have locals from LA, so that when we go to AZ I know what is happening at my home.

I asked dish, (before I knew Phoenix locals were turned on), if I could get locals from LA turned on, they said no, but gave me a number of a guy that could turn on locals from New York and San Fransisco.

Any thoughts? Should I be able to get Pheonix locals in LA? If not, I will call dish and make sure they turn off to save the $5 a month.

They can only legally provide the locals for the DMA in which you have your service address. The Phoenix locals are on a 110W spot beam that apparently doesn't reach your location given the message your receiver is generating. You need to call E* and change your service address to the CA location to get the LA locals. E* allows subscribers to transfer service back and forth from home to a vacation residence as long as you transfer receivers back and forth as well. You are not supposed to have receivers on one account at two or more different locations. I think this is the Phoenix spot beam map and it doesn't cover the LA area:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn110?=true&sort=TP&order=&beamMap=E10_SB35.jpg

Here's the LA locals spot beam map and it doesn't seem to cover Phoenix:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?search=dn129?=true&sort=&order=&beamMap=CIEL2_SB33.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)