missing feature ? link to post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
In the upper right of each post, by the #1 and the little yellow triangle...
There -was- a button to make linking to just -that- page easy.
Well, actually, for making -that- post be the one the user was taken to if he followed your link.

Not only is it missing, but I think the one to isolate a post might be, too.
(I never user the latter - don't really like it)

Try clicking on the post number. ;)

Been so long since I've clicked on the number, I forgot.

But, that's not the link I was originally talking about, no matter how badly I worded it above. :rolleyes:
The -other- link set the current post as top-of-page, so when you then took the URL and used it in another post, the visitor was taken to the page and post, in the thread you specified.

Thanks.
I see that does work.

But, it's so obtuse!
What was wrong with the previous way? :(
I don't see any other comments about the change.
Did I miss a memo? :rolleyes:

I also notice another change Links no longer show up with the "title" anymore they just show up as standard links..

I turned that feature off last week to consere bandwidth when we had close to 6,000 people online.

Should I turn it back on?

I liked that little feature Scott, but if it is causing a problem then it isn't a big deal.

Done turned back on!

When we had 6,000 people online the other day I had to turn off functions that were eating reources so that we could get everyone online. :)

Now that's service with a smile! Oh no, wait, that is just your cartoon face smiling. Well it is at least service. :D

I also notice another change Links no longer show up with the "title" anymore they just show up as standard links..
I had noticed that too, but it didn't quite register that it was a fault.
I kinda overlooked it...

But, it's a shame you cant have a soft fail-over system in place to turn off some things when the visitor count gets crazy.
...and unregistered visitors would be the first to go... or at least not let them browse the forum for the time it's overloaded.

btw, what was the reason for the big upsurge in visitors last week?
Did we get to the end of the universe... again...? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts