Missing file on windows xp.

presa58

Original poster
Dec 10, 2011
canada
Hi guys i think i'm missing one or more files on windows xp home edition,every time i try to open the Readon tv player program it keeps asking to to send error report.It used to work before and it works on an another computer so i think i deleted a program from windows witch is causing this.I was wandering if there was a free program that could scan and download the missing file from Microsoft,i have the original cd but the instaled windows is newer than the one on the cd. Thanks in advance.

long as the cd is the verison of windows you have on there you can use it to reformat or repair, long as the cd ver matches the serial key on the computer case. like i said you may be able to slip the disk in and repair it, also try googling the error, does it say what is missing,

Thanks for responding james the error signature is:

Event type:clr20r3 P1:internettv.exe P2:7.5.0.0 P3:4e9d82d5
P4:internettv P5:7.5.0.0 P6:4e9d82d5 P7:3ee P8:363
F9:system.io.filenotfounddexception.If i could fix it without formating would be good.Thanks again.

choosing the option of repair the current install from your winxp disc should resolve your issue. when prompted here hit enter
ntldr-is-missing-guide.gif

on this screen

setup_partition_select_empty.png

select where your current OS is installed and hit enter.

at this screen you will choose to repair your current installation by pressing R.

Repair%2BWindows%2BXP%2B%2BInstallation.png

hope this helps.......

you will not lose any of your current data.

I don't think running the Windows repair is going to solve the problem. That file most likely belongs to your Readon tv software and not Windows. Have you tried reinstalling the Readon program or checking it's disk for the file?

If internettv.exe can't find a file it wants to load, it wouldn't be a Windows file. Applications have no reason to look at the contents Windows files.

You're clearly barking up the wrong tree in trying to repair Windows itself.

I don't think running the Windows repair is going to solve the problem. That file most likely belongs to your Readon tv software and not Windows. Have you tried reinstalling the Readon program or checking it's disk for the file?

If internettv.exe can't find a file it wants to load, it wouldn't be a Windows file. Applications have no reason to look at the contents Windows files.

You're clearly barking up the wrong tree in trying to repair Windows itself.
you guys are right. Missed that important detail

Here i am again repaired windows with cd and still the same problem.Is anybody familiar with this program? It worked before on this pc and it works on my laptop and another pc also.I uninstall it and delete it download it and install again and it does exact the same thing.It keeps saying (readon tv movie radio player has encountered a problem and needs to close please tell microsoft about this problem send error report).The laptop is using the same windows from the same cd.I'm not so good with computers, so that does't help very mutch.Sorry about the spelling and thanks for your help guys.

Have you tried the software publisher - website, support? That would be your best bet.

Other than that, try a registry cleaner and see if that cleans up a conflict.

Also, have you uninstalled any other multimedia type program that may have deleted a common file needed by this program?

Funny. I was going to suggest that a registry cleaner maybe caused the problem.

I have no familiarity with Readon, but one thing I can think of would be to uninstall using Revo and then re-install fresh.

Ahh, this is why I like the Mac so much better. :)

Usually reinstalling the application will resolve the issue. If not it will most likely be the registry. Good luck!

guess i'm one of the lucky ones. my windows 7 machine i built myself has been flawless.....

Here i am again repaired windows with cd and still the same problem.
Identifying the real problem is the most important step. I'm sorry if we supported your misconception that the problem might be with Windows itself because the problem seems clearly lodged with the application itself.

I'm guessing you're alone here in using Readon. I seem to recall some chatter about similar services (mostly relating to their questionable legality) but that was some time ago.

For their part, Readon appears to have a support forum. There you will surely find fellow Readon users.

Hi everyone,the problem with the readon tv was the Net framework.Here is what i did:Downloaded the Dotnetfix cleanup tool and run it, install net framework again and updates, install readon tv and run and bingo it works beautefuly.Thanks to everyone that tried to help. presa58

Hi everyone,the problem with the readon tv was the Net framework.Here is what i did:Downloaded the Dotnetfix cleanup tool and run it, install net framework again and updates, install readon tv and run and bingo it works beautefuly.Thanks to everyone that tried to help. presa58

great to hear. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)