Missing Guide Data

Mike88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2011
Illinois
I was just looking at the guide on the 722k and it did not go through Friday night, 1-6-2012. And of course looking at future recordings displayed nothing for Friday night. Yet 5 days ago the data was there. Where did it go?

The system asked if I wanted to update & I did do & now my scheduled timers re-appeared along with a filled in grid.

This also happened about about a week or two ago. FWIW about a week or two before that I changed the update time from the default 3:00am to 4:00am because I was recording a program at that time. I could understand if something missed an update cycle, but what would cause existing guide information to get deleted?

I also just unplugged/plugged the DVR, so I'll see if that eliminates this problem in the future.

I was just looking at the guide on the 722k and it did not go through Friday night, 1-6-2012. And of course looking at future recordings displayed nothing for Friday night. Yet 5 days ago the data was there. Where did it go?

The system asked if I wanted to update & I did do & now my scheduled timers re-appeared along with a filled in grid.

This also happened about about a week or two ago. FWIW about a week or two before that I changed the update time from the default 3:00am to 4:00am because I was recording a program at that time. I could understand if something missed an update cycle, but what would cause existing guide information to get deleted?

I also just unplugged/plugged the DVR, so I'll see if that eliminates this problem in the future.

This could have been caused by several different things. It is possible that there was signal loss during the update. It could also be caused by a failing hard drive. Do you turn your receiver off every night?

This could have been caused by several different things. It is possible that there was signal loss during the update. It could also be caused by a failing hard drive. Do you turn your receiver off every night?

I turn if off every night, sometimes quite late. Even when I've watched TV at 3:00am the DVR kicks me out & does an update. But even if I forgot to turn it off, why would the lack of an update erase the data that was previously there?

I'm missing guide data again, this is the second time in 2 weeks.

At 11:50pm Thurs (4-5-2012) I noticed my Daily Schedule had no programming listed beyond Sat (4-7-2012) morning. I checked the guide & it too only went to 2:00pm Sat.

I checked again at midnight & the guide then extended to 2:30pm Sat. I thought that's interesting - where did it find an extra half hour of data.

So I checked again at 12:25am Fri (4-6-2012) and now I had a full schedule through 4-14-2012 till 6:30pm.

If the data was missing & no updates are done until 3:00am, where did it all of sudden get the missing data?

When this happens look at what time your receiver has and what time it really is, do they match? (within seconds)

The DVR’s time and the real time per my atomic clock seem to match pretty well and probably within a few seconds.

I turned off the DVR shortly after midnight on the day in question. Then I wondered what would happen at 12:30am. So I turned it back on at 12:25am and the whole guide was there.

But why would any guide data get deleted in the first place? I can see where a failed guide update would not add any new info, but is it deleting the existing info? That’s a heck of a way to update.

What is the function of the 3:00am update, the default time set in the DVR?

I would think it would have to delete the existing info on an update, in case of last minute schedule changes.

If your receiver is not in use (viewing or recording) the guide will update after 6 hours or four times in a 24 hour period.

Is it a fixed 6 hour schedule? Or if you reboot the DVR does the 6 hour period start fresh from that point?

And how does the default 3:00am update differ from the 6 hour updates?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)