missing HD channels (Local, MLB, etc)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

santan

Original poster
May 3, 2008
I'm on an model 21 and recently my local and sports HD channels are missing.

I called DTV and the agent had me reboot the box and then just said I had to pay $20 for a replacement receiver. I think he didn't feel like working with me. I doubt its the receiver because I still get HD on channels that happen to be broadcasting in HD (NBA on TNT is an example). I'm just missing the extra *.1 channels.

Any clues? I've searched around and found a few other mention this but never found a solution.

My signal strength on the transponders are all in the 90s.

SANTAN - WELCOME!

Sounds like you are describing just your MPEG4 HD channels are out to me. Were they all working before? What is your your zip code? Maybe your B-band converter(s) are bad?

Yeah, all channels were working a week ago. My one year old pushed my receiver around and it stopped working. I had to unscrew the coax and rescrew it before it picked up my dish for some reason. Ever since that, it hasn't picked up the HD channels.

My zip is 85225.

I have one b-band converter attached to the box.

Do you remember if you remove all power from the receiver when you removed & reconnected the RG6 cables?

"Pushed it around and it stopped working"

How hard? But only the MPEG4 channels didn't come back? Very odd!

Can you go into the setup menu and do a RESET ALL? (not the red reset button)

Just shifted it back on the shelf a bit. Enough to kink up the coax, I guess. He didn't drop it or anything like that.

Tried the reset both on the menu and the red button a couple times. Just did it again. Weakest signal this time was a 94.

Should I suck it up and pay to get the replacement receiver?

I'm on an model 21 and recently my local and sports HD channels are missing.

I'm just missing the extra *.1 channels.

How can this be? The H(R)21 doesn't get ota stations w/o the AM21.

Do you have an H(R)20?:)

Make sure that your receiver is set to 5 LNB and not 3. I reset my box once and set it to three and lost all local HD channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)