Missing HD Channels New Install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SIENGTOM

Original poster
May 5, 2008
Greetings folks. Newbie here!!

Just upgraded to HD and was given an HR20. The following channels will not come in. 71, 73, 75, 76, 206, 245, 537, and 543. The receiver states that it is searching for a signal on each of those channels. Can anyone help? What do they have in common?

Thanks.

. The following channels will not come in. 71, 73, 75, 76, 206, 245, 537, and 543. What do they have in common?

Thanks.
MPEG 2, They all show up for me on my HR-20. Maybe your dish isn't picking up the 110 satellite. Check you satellite strenghts.

MPEG 2, They all show up for me on my HR-20. Maybe your dish isn't picking up the 110 satellite. Check you satellite strenghts.

They are getting rid of mpeg2 today.:D
Wishful thinking on my part.:)

Just upgraded to HD and was given an HR20. The following channels will not come in. 71, 73, 75, 76, 206, 245, 537, and 543. The receiver states that it is searching for a signal on each of those channels. Can anyone help? What do they have in common?

Thanks.

It's the 119 satellite. I had the same problem with the same channels and it was due to that feed being blocked by the branches on my magnolia tree. It was the worst when the tree bloomed a few weeks ago. After the flower petals dropped off (takes about a week), the reception returned. I've trimmed the tree a bit since, as it can still affect the 119 satellite channels when it rains.

I was told (unofficially), that DirecTV will be moving all of those channels OFF of the 119 satellite within the next year, so it will eventually become a moot point. :)

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the responses. Here's what I found last night.
I checked the signals on 110 and the GUI stated that there are only 3 transponders in use. Here's what I found last night.

Tuner 1= TR8 – 77, TR10 – 81, TR 12 – 70
Tuner 2= TR8 – 0, TR10 – 0, TR 12 – 0
As you can see there is a drastic difference between tuners so I checked my connections (removed and re-tightened) and when I did the channels returned FOR 30 SECONDS and disappeared so I checked the signals again, and again tuner 2 was at 0. (You guys let me know if I am troubleshooting correctly please) So I figured to determine if I have a cable issue with the line attached to tuner 2 that I should swap the cables and check the signals. Again the channels appeared for about 30 seconds then disappeared and the signals dropped to Zero on tuner 2! The problem did not move to turner 1. I assume this result indicated that I do not have a cable issue since the problem should have moved to tuner 1 when I swapped the cables?
I should let you all know at this point that my setup is a 2 wire RG-6 quad home run from the dish to the HR20. No switch, no splitters and all the other channels are working fine, HD and SD.
Your thoughts and insights are greatly appreciated.
Tom
(SIENGTOM)

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the responses. Here's what I found last night.
I checked the signals on 110 and the GUI stated that there are only 3 transponders in use. Here's what I found last night.

Tuner 1= TR8 – 77, TR10 – 81, TR 12 – 70
Tuner 2= TR8 – 0, TR10 – 0, TR 12 – 0
As you can see there is a drastic difference between tuners so I checked my connections (removed and re-tightened) and when I did the channels returned FOR 30 SECONDS and disappeared so I checked the signals again, and again tuner 2 was at 0. (You guys let me know if I am troubleshooting correctly please) So I figured to determine if I have a cable issue with the line attached to tuner 2 that I should swap the cables and check the signals. Again the channels appeared for about 30 seconds then disappeared and the signals dropped to Zero on tuner 2! The problem did not move to turner 1. I assume this result indicated that I do not have a cable issue since the problem should have moved to tuner 1 when I swapped the cables?
I should let you all know at this point that my setup is a 2 wire RG-6 quad home run from the dish to the HR20. No switch, no splitters and all the other channels are working fine, HD and SD.
Your thoughts and insights are greatly appreciated.
Tom
(SIENGTOM)
Try unplugging your receiver wait about a minute,If that doesn't work you may want to Call for service . You could have a bad receiver.

Solution!!!

Hi all,
First, thank you for responding. Yesterday I was able to call the installer and let him know what was happening. He arrived at the house with a brand new HR21 and stated he thought I had a tuner 2 problem with the refurbished HR20. Long story short, he was right. The HR21 worked great and he peaked the dish to where SAT 110 transponders are in the high 80s. Thanks again everyone for all the help. Guess I will question “refurbished” equipment from now on!

You called it Hemi 6.1, nice job!

Hi all,
First, thank you for responding. Yesterday I was able to call the installer and let him know what was happening. He arrived at the house with a brand new HR21 and stated he thought I had a tuner 2 problem with the refurbished HR20. Long story short, he was right. The HR21 worked great and he peaked the dish to where SAT 110 transponders are in the high 80s. Thanks again everyone for all the help. Guess I will question “refurbished” equipment from now on!

You called it Hemi 6.1, nice job!
Glad it worked out .:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)