Missing HD Channels

Pete Ratowski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 15, 2007
Tallahassee
I get my Dish channels from the Western Arc. A friend gets his from 61.5, 110, and 119. Here in Tallahassee, FL, some areas cannot receive 129 cause it is too low on the horizon so Dish puts up a separate dish for 61.5. However, since the Tallahassee locals are on only 129, these people have to have an antenna to get the Tallahassee locals in HD. They also don't get many of the other HD channels that are on 129 but not on 61.5. Sometime this week many of the popular HD channels such as CNN, ESPN2, and others have disappeared off 61.5 at their regular channel number such as 200 or 144. From reading another post, someone mentioned checking the 4000 and 5000 series of channels and I found them there. What's happening? When is the Eastern arc going to get the Tallahassee locals and the other HD channels that are missing if you have to use 61.5 cause you can't get 129 cause it is low on the horizon in many areas of our town? Thanks for your help in advance.

There are channels that are being moved from 61.5, this will require a migration to either Eastern or Western Arc. If a migration is not done or cannot be done and a mixed arc is being used there will be some missing channels. The virtual channels will be removed in few weeks (the higher range). I do not have any news on the Tallahassee locals being moved.

Zach: If my friend migrates to the Eastern Arc and leaves 61.5, 110, and 119, will he be able to get most of the channels that he lost from 61.5 and are now the virtual channels. For instance CNN, ESPN2? He would have to continue watching the Tallahassee locals on his antenna. Thanks.

Zach: One last question and I thank you again. If he just moves the separate dish from 61.5 and tunes it to 72.7, will that give him about the same programing as the full Eastern arc? I ask this cause I am dealing with a very old friend who does not like alot of changes. Thanks.

He would be missing some still because not all channels are being moved. The ones that are would be:
FOOD Bronze HD
A&E Bronze HD
CMT Bronze HD
CMDY Bronze HD
SPIKE Bronze HD
TWC Bronze HD
CNBC Bronze HD
ESPN2 Bronze HD
TOON Bronze HD
USA Bronze HD
CNN Bronze HD
TBS Bronze HD
TLC Bronze HD
DISC Bronze HD
HIST Bronze HD
HGTV Bronze HD
TRV Bronze HD
LIFE Bronze HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)