missing premium HD Channels from Dish Network.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bluegras

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
just checked out directv website and we missing some HD Movie Channels such as these
from Dish Network please contact Dish Network and tell them to add these below.
showtime extremeHD,ShowtimeBeyondHD,Showtime NextHD,Showtime WomenHD,The Movie Channel EXTRAHD,HBO2HD

thanks

theres always cable or directv...better yet get a DVR because most of those "extra" premium channels show the same movies found on the regular "premium channels"

We have HBO2 HD East (ch 301) but not west (ch 304) and I'm sure once Dish is able to get more bandwidth, they'll probably add some more premium HD, but for now, I'm fine with the amount they currently have.

We have HBO2 HD East (ch 301) but not west (ch 304) and I'm sure once Dish is able to get more bandwidth, they'll probably add some more premium HD, but for now, I'm fine with the amount they currently have.

I'm not. Showtime Beyond always has content that's not on the other Shos.

Showtime is pretty much a complete waste movie-wise. Only time I ever have it is in the fall for Dexter.

Gee, I almost thought we were going to make it through the week without bluegras screaming for more HD...just for the sake of more HD.

Last edited:
I agree that when it comes to premium HD, Showtime has become one of the worst now, which is sad. I think it used to be almost as good as HBO backs in the '90s. And I'm not saying Dish should add any more premium HD right away, but whenever they are able to get more bandwidth by converting to 8PSK/MPEG-4 and they want to add more premium HD, I say go for it. Personally, I'd like to see a couple more Cinemax channels, HBO2 HD West (ch 304), the rest of the Starz channels and a few more Encore channels in HD. But that's just me. I know some people are not premium HD addicts like I am.:)

I agree that when it comes to premium HD, Showtime has become one of the worst now, which is sad. I think it used to be almost as good as HBO backs in the '90s. And I'm not saying Dish should add any more premium HD right away, but whenever they are able to get more bandwidth by converting to 8PSK/MPEG-4 and they want to add more premium HD, I say go for it. Personally, I'd like to see a couple more Cinemax channels, HBO2 HD West (ch 304), the rest of the Starz channels and a few more Encore channels in HD. But that's just me. I know some people are not premium HD addicts like I am.:)

And like Scott said before, just more recycling at the expense of bandwidth. Once you have the basic premiums, you will have already had what will later be on the subs. Use your DVR.

Epix and HBO have taken most of the studios that used to feed Showtime. They just lost another in Summit a week or two ago. It's sad in that Showtime is the only premium to be 100 percent OAR. Epix does pretty good, but anything Showtime loses to Starz or HBO means full-screen hell for widescreen movies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)