722 DVR is hanging up on some playbacks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomeckle

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 28, 2005
Central Coast of California
Occasionally, my 722 receiver hangs on playback and the only way to unstick it is to reset the receiver. If I try to play the same show again the receiver hangs in about the same place. I have copied the offending program to an external DVR and returned to the 722 and it still hangs in about the same spot. It seems from which programs are impacted that the programs that stick are 7-10 weeks old. Currently recorded programs have not hang up.
Anyone have any ideas????
How about a key input shortcut to un-stick the DVR
Any help appreciated. Or should I just call and get DVR replaced?
Cayucostom

Generally the sticking occurs during fast forwarding during playback. However it has occurred as program is playing. Deleting the sticking program is the plan once we discover which ones hang-up. However we would like to view some episodes that we have recorded...not sure which ones are going to stick and it is frustrating to power-off reset re-initialize and time consuming as well...when it surprises us with sticking. Would be nice to know how to unstick the recording without power-off reset.
More ideas are appreciated.

My 722 was doing this recently too, about a month later the hard drive failed and I had to have the unit replaced. Since the unit has been replaced I haven't seen the issue any more.

7 to 10 weeks old are the ones causing issues?Its possible the receiver had a bug in the older s/w.Check and see what version s/w it has now.Also make sure it isn't overheating.

tomeckle,

You said that when you tried to replay the recording it freezes in the same spot, even after moving it to the EHD and back to the 722. It sounds like you have a corrupted recording. Try moving it back to the EHD and playing from the EHD. If it plays from the EHD fine, then you may have a bad sector on the internal hard drive. If it still freezes from the EHD, the recording is corrupted.

Your temp looks fine,there is a new s/w not sure its spooled for all subs yet.L6.76 is the newest it started in spooling in May.If its just the older recordings doing it and its working fine now then I would say those older recordings somehow got corrupted.If it continues to act up then hdd may be on the way out.

I will try playing from the EHD this weekend when I have some free time and post the results. Get back to you first of the week.
Thanks for the help
tom

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)