Missing recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stejamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Eugene, OR
My Hopper 3 says it has recorded/ is recording last night's and tonight's "Late Night" and tonight's "Tonight Show," but the recordings aren't there. Is this a known bug?

Bumping this thread because it's happened several times to me since the software update. I have the original HWS not the 3. Judging by OP's comments moving to a 3 isn't going to help the problem.

In my case with H3 the recording is not showing but pops up later. For example, I recorded the original Mummy and the new Mummy. The icon shows 2 should be there. When I select the icon I only see 1. I watched the 1 and stored it on a EHD. When I went back to the DVR menu, the Mummy Icon was still there and had the 2nd recording. This happens all the time. We have got experienced in how to recover not showing recordings.

My Hopper 3 sometimes gets into a mode where it doesn't record shows. It says it is recording them but it doesn't. Rebooting the DVR fixes the problem but it doesn't restore shows that were supposed to be recorded but weren't. This has occurred twice.

Mine has been doing this for weeks. Seems to be random. I have even deleted some timers and re-added them. It's frustrating!!

Mine misses recordings of gold rush every once in a while. Twice this season that I know of. And then the following week it’ll be like there was never a problem. Thank God for on-demand And gold rush paydirt, which replays the previous weeks episode

Mine misses recordings of gold rush every once in a while. Twice this season that I know of. And then the following week it’ll be like there was never a problem. Thank God for on-demand And gold rush paydirt, which replays the previous weeks episode
The problem with Gold Rush could be because of this guide data problem reported by ZZV43701 on Dish's community forum:

"Now the Guide provider is just flat out wrong.

As of 1/26 it changed the name of Gold Rush" to "The Gold Rush" and Episode 1.

According to Discovery channel - it's still the same.

Is there a link to this crappy company to complain as obviously DISH will and has done nothing.

- TiVo owners were hit as well -"

Similarly, on Sunday, my Wally missed recording an episode of Marvel's Spider-Man, due to bad guide information on Disney XD. I also had to use On Demand to get caught up before watching the episode that did record.

I am having the same problem. How do you "reboot the DVR?"
Press the red button on the front panel
The problem with Gold Rush could be because of this guide data problem reported by ZZV43701 on Dish's community forum:

"Now the Guide provider is just flat out wrong.

As of 1/26 it changed the name of Gold Rush" to "The Gold Rush" and Episode 1.

According to Discovery channel - it's still the same.

Is there a link to this crappy company to complain as obviously DISH will and has done nothing.

- TiVo owners were hit as well -"

Similarly, on Sunday, my Wally missed recording an episode of Marvel's Spider-Man, due to bad guide information on Disney XD. I also had to use On Demand to get caught up before watching the episode that did record.
Yep, I know it, too. The Guide Data provider sucks, to be blunt

I am having the same problem. How do you "reboot the DVR?"
Press the red button on the front panel

Reactions: rapper450

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)