Missing satellite 129?

jstrait

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2004
Greenville, SC
Hi Everyone! Been a while since I've been here, it's great to see all the new names, but, even better to see all the old familiar ones. Anyway, I've developed a problem with my install. I have 2 dishes feeding a DPP44 to a 722k and a 211. Recently, we have experienced complete signal loss on an channel from 129. I have unplugged everything including the switch and restored power with no change. Done the check switch dance multiple times and still don't get anything from 129. Signal is good on the other 3 sats. Any other suggestions before I call Dish for help?

Thanks!
Jeff

Hi Everyone! Been a while since I've been here, it's great to see all the new names, but, even better to see all the old familiar ones. Anyway, I've developed a problem with my install. I have 2 dishes feeding a DPP44 to a 722k and a 211. Recently, we have experienced complete signal loss on an channel from 129. I have unplugged everything including the switch and restored power with no change. Done the check switch dance multiple times and still don't get anything from 129. Signal is good on the other 3 sats. Any other suggestions before I call Dish for help?

Thanks!
Jeff

What other three sats are you getting. Maybe a limb has grown in line with the westernmost view of the dish.

Let the saga continue...

OK, so I went on-line to mydishnetwork and added the protection plan anticipating a service call to either fix my existing setup or to change me over to Eastern Arc. I had to run out an do some errands, when I returned I no longer had satellite locals or local guide data. I called tech support and after going round and round for a while they 1) Scheduled a service call for Monday afternoon and 2) Insisted that the reason my locals were missing was because of the missing 129 satellite (which, by the way, has been missing for a couple of weeks) and that the service technician would have to fix it. So now I am stuck without 129's HD channels, local channels or local guide data and I am simply grateful that most of our shows have already had their season finales. :)

Wish me luck for Monday.

Jeff

Could be. Granted there would be more to the story. My guess, they have you marked incorrectly in their system, and the change you made sparked a migration work order. Purely speculation though. Not enough info to be sure.

Reactions: jstrait
I have been without 129 since Monday, May 25. Chatted with dish yesterday, have a tech on my roof right now...they were able to get him out next day. I'll update when I have more information...on Eastern half of US.

I have the WA( 129,119,and 110 ). I also have 61.5 for my locals HD. At the time I added the wing dish I was offered to go to full EA. I declined because I was getting National Networks on the WA. They have since gone out of business. Should I switch to EA and get rid of a satellite dish. I fear, being in West Texas , I will get a weaker signal. I think now Dish finds the stronger signal. Many of the 129 and 110 channels are on 61.5. When I look at info sometimes I see 61.5 and other times I see a WA satellite for the same channel.

I have the WA( 129,119,and 110 ). I also have 61.5 for my locals HD. At the time I added the wing dish I was offered to go to full EA. I declined because I was getting National Networks on the WA. They have since gone out of business. Should I switch to EA and get rid of a satellite dish. I fear, being in West Texas , I will get a weaker signal. I think now Dish finds the stronger signal. Many of the 129 and 110 channels are on 61.5. When I look at info sometimes I see 61.5 and other times I see a WA satellite for the same channel.
I was in the same situation when Dish added my EA dish, so they installed the full EA (61.5/72.7/77) since the LNB for that setup was the only EA LNB that had a "LNB In" port, then they used my existing dish to add 119 to my EA setup.