Missing Satellite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hi guys. I have a Dish 1000.2 with a VIP222k receiver, and for the past week or so I have lost satellite reception with satellite 110. I still receive 129 and 119 with no problems. I have the FlexTV option, so I installed the satellite system myself. We had strong wind a couple of days ago and so it could always be an option that I didn't tighten a bolt and the dish blew slightly.

When I installed the system, I was able to get all three satellites with no problem. But now when I go to the installation summary on my TV screen, it confirms that there is no satellite 110.

Under Satellite Input 1, it says this:
Port1 DPP 1K.2 129 even, odd
Port2 DPP 1K.2 119 even, odd
Port3 DPP 1k.2 Good Connection, No Signal
Port4 External LNB: None None Connection

Since we had that wind, I checked my alignment of the skew, elevation, etc., and they are the same that I wrote down in the installation book when I did the original installation, and there were no leaves or any other obstructions in the way that I could tell. What is the best way to troubleshoot this? I have tried some slight adjustments with my satellite signal meter connected and testing on Satellite 110 setting under the "Point Dish" setting. I get a strong signal on my satellite meter, but when I connect it to the TV and choose "110" from the Point Dish screen, it says "Wrong Satellite - Echostar 129" but when I choose satellite 129, it locks on Echostar 129 with no problem. Any ideas?

rotate left

Hi guys. I have a Dish 1000.2 with a VIP222k receiver, and for the past week or so I have lost satellite reception with satellite 110. I still receive 129 and 119 with no problems. I have the FlexTV option, so I installed the satellite system myself. We had strong wind a couple of days ago and so it could always be an option that I didn't tighten a bolt and the dish blew slightly.

When I installed the system, I was able to get all three satellites with no problem. But now when I go to the installation summary on my TV screen, it confirms that there is no satellite 110.

Under Satellite Input 1, it says this:
Port1 DPP 1K.2 129 even, odd
Port2 DPP 1K.2 119 even, odd
Port3 DPP 1k.2 Good Connection, No Signal
Port4 External LNB: None None Connection

Since we had that wind, I checked my alignment of the skew, elevation, etc., and they are the same that I wrote down in the installation book when I did the original installation, and there were no leaves or any other obstructions in the way that I could tell. What is the best way to troubleshoot this? I have tried some slight adjustments with my satellite signal meter connected and testing on Satellite 110 setting under the "Point Dish" setting. I get a strong signal on my satellite meter, but when I connect it to the TV and choose "110" from the Point Dish screen, it says "Wrong Satellite - Echostar 129" but when I choose satellite 129, it locks on Echostar 129 with no problem. Any ideas?

The 1000.2 has rotated to the right on the mast. You need to turn it back to the left just a bit. After you get it repeaked tighten it down this time.

Thanks. I will try doing that. One other question - looking at the instruction manual, the screenshots of the Dish 1000.2 Installation Summary has Satellite 119 on Port 1, Satellite 110 on Port 2 and Satellite 129 on Port 3. Is that how it should line up? Or does it just have to be one satellite per port and order doesn't matter? I never checked to see what I had when I had all three satellites functioning.

Thanks

Thank you for your initial advice. I now have all three satellites again and they are all showing up in the proper places.

Correct. All I had to do was turn it to the left a little bit and really tightened it. I also had to reset my receiver a couple of times before it recognized the 110 satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts