? missing satellite

psternklar

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2007
Albany, NY area
Dish just came out to change my setup. Now I only see 61.5 and 72. I am in NY near Albany. Should I see 77 as well? If so do I need to have Dish come back out? Thanks.

you should see 77W also
The only thing on there would be is if you subbed to the Dish Latino packages. There are some local markets on there too but Albany isnt one of them

Dish just came out to change my setup. Now I only see 61.5 and 72. I am in NY near Albany. Should I see 77 as well? If so do I need to have Dish come back out? Thanks.
This is definetly not a normal satellite install. If you would like to PM me your account info or phone#, I would be happy to take a look at this for you! Thanks!!

Hi Phil,

We put your system in about a year ago and instead of just 110,119 and 61.5 which was normal for our area then, we installed a 1000.4 for 61.5 and 72 and a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 all going into a DPP44 switch so you would get all the HD and SD locals as well as all the HD channels, and everything else possible. They should have left that alone as it's still the best configuration for our area.

Did they take down the Dish 500? Did they remove the switch? Do you still have 2 722K receivers?

I wonder what the heck that 'tech' was thinking?!?

Hope all has been well with you and your's. Let us know if we can help.

Hi Phil,

We put your system in about a year ago and instead of just 110,119 and 61.5 which was normal for our area then, we installed a 1000.4 for 61.5 and 72 and a Dish 500 for 110 and 119 all going into a DPP44 switch so you would get all the HD and SD locals as well as all the HD channels, and everything else possible. They should have left that alone as it's still the best configuration for our area.

Did they take down the Dish 500? Did they remove the switch? Do you still have 2 722K receivers?

I wonder what the heck that 'tech' was thinking?!?

Hope all has been well with you and your's. Let us know if we can help.

if you installed a 1000.4 wouldn't he had already had 77 at that time? the 1000.4 sees 61.5, 72.7 and 77?

I must of had the same installer I'm also in the Albany area. He showed up last week @ the house around 4:30pm to remove the super dish and a 300 dish and replace them with a 1000.4. And also swap out 2 of my three receivers. Well by the time he got the super dish down it was dark and he had to install the new dish in the dark. Never removing the dish 300. By the time he left it was 8:00pm. As psternklar stated, I too was only able to see 61.5, and 72. No 77. I got feed up and reposition the dish my self over the weekend.

I must of had the same installer I'm also in the Albany area. He showed up last week @ the house around 4:30pm to remove the super dish and a 300 dish and replace them with a 1000.4. And also swap out 2 of my three receivers. Well by the time he got the super dish down it was dark and he had to install the new dish in the dark. Never removing the dish 300. By the time he left it was 8:00pm. As psternklar stated, I too was only able to see 61.5, and 72. No 77. I got feed up and reposition the dish my self over the weekend.
Hi Blackdog and welcome to Sat Guys. If you would not mind sending me your account# or phone #, so I see who did your install as well. I would like to track this install and see if I can prevent this from happening to other customers in the future. Thanks and have a great night!!

if you installed a 1000.4 wouldn't he had already had 77 at that time? the 1000.4 sees 61.5, 72.7 and 77?

We only used the 61.5 and 72 outputs of the 1000.4 and combined them with 110 and 119 to the DPP44. At the time Dish required 110, 119 and 61.5 in our market but the new HD channels were on 72 so to get everything for the customer we put in the 1000.4 as a bonus instead of just a wing dish at 61.5.

The 1000.4 'sees' 77 but if it isn't wired into the switch then the receiver doesn't 'see' it. When the 1000.4 is wired directly to the receiver then the internal switch lets the receiver see 61.5, 72 and 77. If the 'tech' went to 'upgrade ' the system and he removed the Dish 500 he should have re-wired to make it work right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts