Missing some channels

hankster211

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
knoxville TN
I'm missing channels 375, 378, and 379 in my "all channels" program guide. Also missing about a dozen of the ppv channels.
anyone know why?

I have a feeling you may be looking at 110/119/61.5. If not then you need to give us more info on your system.

You're right. 110/119/61.5. 2 dishes installed about 14 months ago when I upgraded to HD and added 2-vip612 receivers and kept my old 508D. Also have chinese great wall package.
Don't know the 2 Dish Types, but will supply that info when I get home tonight. one dish pointed SE, one pointed SW.

You're right. 110/119/61.5. 2 dishes installed about 14 months ago when I upgraded to HD and added 2-vip612 receivers and kept my old 508D. Also have chinese great wall package.
Don't know the 2 Dish Types, but will supply that info when I get home tonight. one dish pointed SE, one pointed SW.

You need to PM one of the dish net guys here to get your setup updated. the 110/119/61.5 setups are being replaced for just this reason.

My guess is that you need an Eastern Arc Setup (61.5, 72.7, and 77) since your HD locals are in EA and also a wing dish pointed at 118.7 for your Chinese Great Wall Package.

From "The List" those are on 72.7 and 129. So it looks like you need to be converted to the EARC with a 1000.4 Dish and VIP equipment.

Last edited:
Your 508 will have to be replaced. Last time I checked they wanted to charge me $100 for a new receiver. I said no thank you but soon I will have no choice but am hoping I will not be charged for a new receiver. 10 + years with Dish and feel that I should get a replacement for free since I am not ready to leave Dish and willing to stay for a few more years.

The only reason you have 61.5 right now is your Big 4 locals are in HD on 61.5
If you can use an OTA antenna to get those in HD you could go with a D1000+ that sees 110,118,119,129. All HD would be on 129 and your great wall package is on 118.7. You could keep the 508 then too

If you go with Eastern Arc you STILL need 2 dishes (due to the Great Wall package) and you'd have to swap out the 508 for something in the VIP category

If you can use an OTA antenna to get those in HD you could go with a D1000+ that sees 110,118,119,129. All HD would be on 129 and your great wall package is on 118.7. You could keep the 508 then too

If you go with Eastern Arc you STILL need 2 dishes (due to the Great Wall package) and you'd have to swap out the 508 for something in the VIP category
Thanks everyone,
You know, I remember that I did get an email or regular mail from dish a few months ago. They said I needed some equipment upgrades or I wouldn't be able to yadayada.

I asked if my contract's clock would be reset, and they said yes, so I decided to ignore them, thinking it was just a sales ploy. Guess it was true, because really I hadn't noticed any of the HD channels i watch being gone until now.

Thanks everyone,
You know, I remember that I did get an email or regular mail from dish a few months ago. They said I needed some equipment upgrades or I wouldn't be able to yadayada.

I asked if my contract's clock would be reset, and they said yes, so I decided to ignore them, thinking it was just a sales ploy. Guess it was true, because really I hadn't noticed any of the HD channels i watch being gone until now.

If you want to send me a PM, I can get you all the details for the migration/upgrade (probably will be a whole home upgrade).

there would be no commitment extension if all you got was the dish.....but if you do equipment then yes there would be. The other option you could do is take that 61.5 dish and move it to 129. Again the only thing you would lose is the locals in HD (just the Big 4 networks)

He's in Knoxville, TN. He may not be able to see 129. So EA + the second dish for 118.7.

28 elevation for 129...thats pretty high :)

The only reason they want to force him to EA is because his locals in HD (Big4) are on 61.5 only. So if he uses an antenna for his OTA he could keep his current equipment and have no extra commitment. Remember the EA "upgrade" may be no equipment but he has a 508 that would need to be changed out and would require a commitment if he goes through Dish.
He could move the 61.5 dish to 129 and be all set

28 elevation for 129...thats pretty high :)

The only reason they want to force him to EA is because his locals in HD (Big4) are on 61.5 only. So if he uses an antenna for his OTA he could keep his current equipment and have no extra commitment. Remember the EA "upgrade" may be no equipment but he has a 508 that would need to be changed out and would require a commitment if he goes through Dish.
He could move the 61.5 dish to 129 and be all set
Why is it that I need to be on 129?.........Is it because my Big 4 Locals will eventually be moved from 61.5 to 129 or is it because of my missing channels?

Also, on "The List's" satellite angle calculator it lists 129 as W. Galaxy 27 C/KU Cir. Is that the right one?

Iceberg: I do have an OTA antenna..I understand what you are saying, I think. But, what I don't understand

is why I could keep my current 805 by doing this........or to ask another way: Why can't I keep my 805 if I get the EA arrangement?

Edit: 508D not 805 .......sorry

Last edited:
It's a 508 I hope! You can't use the 508 on Eastern Arc because Eastern Arc is (almost totally) mpeg-4. The 508 is an mpeg-2 receiver.

Why is it that I need to be on 129?.........Is it because my Big 4 Locals will eventually be moved from 61.5 to 129 or is it because of my missing channels?
129 has all the HD channels. On the Eastern Arc side it use to be 61.5 but now its both 61.5 & 72.7
Your locals in HD (just the Big 4) are only on 61.5 so if you move the dish to 129 you'll gain the HD channels but lose your locals in MPEG4 HD (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX). They are still in SD on 110.

Also, on "The List's" satellite angle calculator it lists 129 as W. Galaxy 27 C/KU Cir. Is that the right one?
yep. 129W is the satellite. There are a couple sats there

Iceberg: I do have an OTA antenna..I understand what you are saying, I think. But, what I don't understand

is why I could keep my current 805 by doing this........or to ask another way: Why can't I keep my 805 if I get the EA arrangement?

Edit: 508D not 805 .......sorry

The 508 is MPEG2. The Eastern Arc sats are MPEG4 and requires all MPEG4 equipment. The 612 is MPEG4 Right now your locals on the 508 are coming in on 110 whereas the 612 gets them from 61.5 (the big 4 in HD) and the rest can be either 61.5 (in MPEG4) or 110. If you use the OTA antenna on the 612's to get the locals in HD and the subchannels. One advantage of this is you could record 3 things at one (one OTA, 2 satellite). The 508 would continue to get locals the way it always did and wouldnt need any new equipment or additional commitment.

129 has all the HD channels. On the Eastern Arc side it use to be 61.5 but now its both 61.5 & 72.7
Your locals in HD (just the Big 4) are only on 61.5 so if you move the dish to 129 you'll gain the HD channels but lose your locals in MPEG4 HD (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX). They are still in SD on 110.

yep. 129W is the satellite. There are a couple sats there

The 508 is MPEG2. The Eastern Arc sats are MPEG4 and requires all MPEG4 equipment. The 612 is MPEG4 Right now your locals on the 508 are coming in on 110 whereas the 612 gets them from 61.5 (the big 4 in HD) and the rest can be either 61.5 (in MPEG4) or 110. If you use the OTA antenna on the 612's to get the locals in HD and the subchannels. One advantage of this is you could record 3 things at one (one OTA, 2 satellite). The 508 would continue to get locals the way it always did and wouldnt need any new equipment or additional commitment.
Good Explanation. I get it now, I think...................thanks
Let me ask about this scenario: If I quit using my 508D (really don't need it anymore since son went to college). I already have one dish pointing at 61.5 which I could leave in place for HD locals. then what sats would I need to look at with the other dish? just 118 and 129? and what type dish would it need to be?

Last edited:

TV Guide Menu Listings

? missing satellite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)