TV Guide Menu Listings

mrhermit

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 10, 2011
Florida
I just upgraded my a dish DVR from the 522 to the 722K. Boy, what an upgrade! I am really enjoying the new HD service. The other thing that I really like is the OTA module. I get 4 PBS stations from the OTA module that are not available through Dish Network. I like the fact that I can record 2 satellite stations and 2 OTA stations at the same time. I also like the fact that the OTA stations are integrated in to the guide button on the dish remote. The one PBS station that I am really interested in watching is Create TV. So here is my question. Why doesn't the TV information about programs show up in the guide menu? My other OTA stations show up with the program schedule just fine. The guide shows that I am watching create TV on channel 08-03, but all I see in the menu for programming is "Digital Service". I suspect that this is a Create TV problem and not a Dish Network problem. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to fix this?

The OTA stations that you see that have guide data are those that are carried by Dish. I.E. in order for you to have the guide data Dish has to carry that channel in its locals line-up. Since Dish does not carry the Create subchannel from your OTA PBS station, they do not provide the guide data. In short, there is nothing that (I know of any way) you can do to fix it.

If the other subchannels are coming in with guide data OTA on 8.1 and 8.2, then I say it's Dish in need of fixing it. What station is this?

The OTA stations that you see that have guide data are those that are carried by Dish. I.E. in order for you to have the guide data Dish has to carry that channel in its locals line-up. Since Dish does not carry the Create subchannel from your OTA PBS station, they do not provide the guide data. In short, there is nothing that (I know of any way) you can do to fix it.

I have to disagree, unless I've misunderstood your response. The Dish EPG has show accurate guide data for Create TV carried by KLCS, 58.4, Los Angeles for over a year, and Dish does not provide 58.4 as am LIL.

We have found that multi-plexed or sub-channel guide data, including sub-channels not carried by Dish LIL, is something that gets corrected on a channel by channel and market by market basis.

However, you do have access to the engineers and more info than I, so I would love a proper comprehensive explanation of how Dish gets or its sub-channel data and why Dish can provide accurate guide data for Create TV in one DMA and not in the other while neither are provided by Dish itself. The whole "Digital Service" EPG is really annoying and I would LOVE dish to provide guide data for IONLife on the sub-channel I get. Thanks in advance, and please explain if I have missed something.

If the other subchannels are coming in with guide data OTA on 8.1 and 8.2, then I say it's Dish in need of fixing it. What station is this?[/QUOTE

I just checked all the settings. I can receive 21 OTA channels.
8.0 is station KTSC. This is the PBS station that I get over the satellite.
8.1 is KTSC-D. This is the same PBS station but it comes from the OTA module. It shows the guide data.
8.2 is V-ME. It shows the guide data. This is another OTA channel.
8.3 is Create TV. This is an OTA channel. It just shows digital services in the guide data.
8.4 is AINC. It is just an audio broadcast and it shows digital services in the guide data.

I just checked another TV that is not hooked up to the satellite but I do have a digital to analog converter box connected to it. I am using the DTV TV Pal Plus from Dish Network. It has a guide button similar to the Dish satellite remote. When I press that button, all of the channels that I have scanned will show up almost like the dish TV Guide menu. I scanned over to the Create TV channel. It has the TV listings and times. So it seems that if I can get the TV Guide data there is should be possible that I get it on the Dish guide.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)