Missing Sides of HD Picture - Vip622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

classithings

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 29, 2003
The extreme left and right HD picture edges do not appear (are off the sreen edges) of my HD TV monitors when watching HD picture through Vip622. How do I tell what/who is causing this problem? I am connecting the Vip622 directly to monitor using HDMI. Everything is now under manufacturer warranty but I do not know who to have come fix it - Dish, monitor maker, etc.

I use two Dish Vip622, one Mitsubishi Wd-73734 dlp rear projection, one Samsung dlp rear projection, and OTA antenna for local HD channels. I particularly notice the problem when logos or wording are partially cut-off either side of the picture.

Make sure you have not zoomed your picture. The * key on the remote controls this. Try cycling through until you get to Normal to see if that fixes it.

Ted

Last edited:
The button on the bottom left of the remote changes picture size. Be sure it is set to normal. Then get out your owners guide for you HDTV and see how to set the picture size on your tv.

Normal Settings in Use

I tried cycling thru zoom using remotes for both Vip622 and the monitors, The problem is at "normal" on both.

I had to change settings on my TV to "center" the 622 picture, though I hadn't had to when I used a 721 receiver with the same TV. You probably just need to make the change on your TV too.

Is it on all HD channels? I have noticed that channels like Animal Planet and TLC (wife watches not me) are zooming their SD content including commercials and it cuts off a lot of text.

Is it on all HD channels? I have noticed that channels like Animal Planet and TLC (wife watches not me) are zooming their SD content including commercials and it cuts off a lot of text.

I've seen the same thing, too. I'm 99% convinced you don't have a hardware problem, just a setting off some where. So, first make sure you're watching real HD programming, such as one of the Voom channels or a confirmed HD show on your local, over-the-air channels. Make sure your TV is set to normal, or natural, so it isn't zooming or stretching, though that shouldn't be possible over HDMI.

Did you specify a 16:9 tv in the 622 setup? what resolution are you pushing out to your TV?

Finally, hook up your antenna feed directly to the TV, then scan for the digital channels, and try watching some HD that way to see if the problem persists...

I had this problem with my 57 inch CRT set. It was the set that was overscanning. It was still under warranty so I had a technician come out and take a look at it.

It needed to be recallibrated. He went into some secret menu, started playing around with settings and it was much better after that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)