Missing Smart Card et al issues...

couger77

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 27, 2004
Kansas
Ok,
I have had my 522 for about a week now, everything is working grrreat! However, I noticed this evening that my number 2 remote was not controlling my 2nd TV. I checked the back to see if the wireless radio antenna was unhooked and low and behold it was. Plugged it back in, no joy. Checked the "remote address" for bothe remotes and they BOTH say "1" ??????? Strange, I know. I follow the instructions on changing the address without any luck. It still says 1 and 1 for the addresses. I followed some other FAQ which said to remove the smart card and power down for 15 sec. Opened the left panel and as far as I know there is no smart card. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help guys.

Jeremy

The 522's smartcard is integrated with the box, not a separate card (page 17 of your manual).

Remote address #1 is correct (page 34 of your manual).

The User's Guide is your friend. :)

522's don't have a smart card.

Take the #2 remote and stand in front of your DVR. Press the info button on the front of the 522.

On your #2 remote, press and hold SAT button until it blinks 3 times.

Punch in a new number other than 1.

Press #

Press record button.

Sat button should blink 3 times on the remote and the remote address should change on the TV screen.

IF that doesnt work, with the battery cover off, yank out the blue key that has #2 on it and re-insert it. I've had mine quit responding because it forgets it is an RF remote.

Try changing the code again after you re-insert the key.

Or take the batteries out and hold down the power button on the remote for 10 seconds to drain any residual power. Put batteries back in and try changing the address again.

One of these should work.

Thanks Mark. I negelected to keep the info screen up while I Was going through the motions.

You get a gold star for your help! :p

Jeremy

Help with Dish 6000 and RGB

501 / 508 Expansion port

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts