MISTRIAL111

You cannot blame him for "walking". The prosecution screwed the pooch for showing evidence that was not allowed to jurors. I ain't no lawyer, but that sound pretty stupid to do....especially if a judge told them NOT to do it.
I know and agree completely but the "Yankee Hater" in me just took control

[RANT] They better not hold a new trial. The Feds have bigger fish to fry and enough resources have been spent going after MLB cheats and scumbags. [/RANT]

Jimbo said:
Interesting, I ALWAYS look at Clemons as a Red Sox player.
I followed him from the time he was in Texas .... really hated it when he went to the yanks.

Not after he went to the Yankees and gave Suzyn Waldman an orgasm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

What a colossal waste of time and money for the government to screw up like that.

For those thinking Congress shouldn't be part of this.
Major League Baseball has been exempt from most federal anti-trust laws laws since 1922.While its exemption from anti-trust laws has nothing to do with steroid use by players, it does place the affairs of Major League Baseball squarely under the jurisdiction of Congress.

For those thinking Congress shouldn't be part of this.
Major League Baseball has been exempt from most federal anti-trust laws laws since 1922.While its exemption from anti-trust laws has nothing to do with steroid use by players, it does place the affairs of Major League Baseball squarely under the jurisdiction of Congress.

True in what your saying...but it STILL smells bad when you are talking almost 10% unemployment, huge budget deficits, corrupt politicians and a war or two we should not be involved in.

The government has a few MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about than if Roger lied to them or not.

Last edited:
True in what your saying...but it STILL smells bad when you are talking almost 10% unemployment, huge budget deficits, corrupt politicians and a war or two we should not be involved in.

The government has a few MORE IMPORTANT things to worry about than if Roger lied to them or not.
But they always run to the Government and ask them to intervene when they need it. The NFL Union for example . You can't have it both ways. Roger got away with it but we all know he used steroids.

"They" is MLB , both the players and the owners. Same as the NFL , NBA, NHL. If many don't want the Government to be looking into a player that lied under oath then they shouldn't be allowed to have Unions ask for help from the courts. Many seem to think we should ignore crime when we have other priorities. But what kind of standard is that? We should only convict people when the economy is good?

Double standard.

My recollection is that it was the "Government Reform" committee that held the hearings. Believe it or not their hearings do not have to deal with an investigation fora specific purpose (or even with Government or reform as the name suggests). The then committee chairman (Tom Davis) was the catalyst for these hearings.

Putting aside for the moment the while idea of whether a committee should have such a charter or who asked for it I think that when you are asked a question under oath you should respond truthfully and that if you don't you are open to perjury charges. It should not be enough to say that the Congress should have had other things to worry about. Oaths being what they are they apply in all circumstances.

"They" is MLB , both the players and the owners. Same as the NFL , NBA, NHL. If many don't want the Government to be looking into a player that lied under oath then they shouldn't be allowed to have Unions ask for help from the courts. Many seem to think we should ignore crime when we have other priorities. But what kind of standard is that? We should only convict people when the economy is good?

Double standard.

IF there was time, money and resources to chase EVERYTHING wrong in the world by authority with power....I would agree 1000% with you. But reality is...there isn't, so that mean you have to make priorities as to what to chase and what not to leave in the backburner.

The prosecution likely knew it was presenting inadmissible evidence. It may have been motivated by the belief that its case was weak and that it couldn't win without it and hoped for a wink and nod remedy from the judge ("The jury will disregard that evidence... as well as the 800 pound gorilla in the corner of the room") or there could even have been an internal squabble in the prosecutors office and this prosecutor forced the mistrial on purpose.

I am of the opinion that presidents have the right to lie about blowjobs and baseball players have the right to lie about PED use.

The prosecution likely knew it was presenting inadmissible evidence. It may have been motivated by the belief that its case was weak and that it couldn't win without it and hoped for a wink and nod remedy from the judge ("The jury will disregard that evidence... as well as the 800 pound gorilla in the corner of the room") or there could even have been an internal squabble in the prosecutors office and this prosecutor forced the mistrial on purpose.

I am of the opinion that presidents have the right to lie about blowjobs and baseball players have the right to lie about PED use.

Without getting into a political discussion in a sports forum...I think ALL professional sport leagues should lose that little anti-trust protection. The owners hide behind that little umbrella way too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)