Mitsubishi HD

sdsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I obtained an HD cable box for my Mitsubishi HD 1080 big screen television yesterday. I hooked up the component cables from the box to the TV and OOPS no HD. I then jumped online to see what is wrong and I discovered that my set is only able to deliver HD programming if I have an additional HD receiver that Mitsubishi was selling 8 years ago.

Does anyone know if that is still the case today? I know that I could just buy a new HD television. But, the old big screen is still working fine so it would be great to discover that I can still purchase whatever it is that is missing.

Any help would be much apprecieated! And, if I should post this somewhere else, just let me know. Thanks!

Sounds like you have the same problem that I had with my 57 inch Sony. I bought it before they had a HD tuner installed.

I bought a Motorola converter box and ran a lead from my outside antenna, a CM4228, to the converter box then to the TV.

You can do the same thing cheaper now by buying something like a Samsung TS360 Direct TV box, they are cheap on Ebay.

The Samsung and others do have a seperate feed for an antenna, but you have to set the menu to no dish to use it. I hooked one up to my wifes kitchen HD TV, a cheap Magnavox 15" LCD and it does great.

Most all OTA HD now is UHF, so you need a good UHF antenna. I use a CM4228 with a CM7777 pre-amp and pick up stations over sixty miles away.

I don't underatand. if you have an HD cable box and you a re connecting by component you should be good to go.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts