Mitsubishi HD1000U / HC1500, you gotta see one!

Digital Dude

Home Theater Editor
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
SHADO
Just hung a Mits HD1000u. Took 5 minutes to switch out projectors with Chief RPA (the best PJ mount I have EVER used, and it's a universal!) This thing is a winner.

USC-ND is amazing, cleans up SD hockey like you wouldn't believe. I'm packing to go out of town til Wednesday but when I come back I'll do a write up of the Cheif and the Mits. At under a grand I'm just speechless, it's incredible!

Hd1000

I'm anxiously awaiting your review. I'm very interested in this one and the Optoma HD70. I'm worried that the HD1000 may be too bright for my dark, totally light controlled room(even in low power mode). How do the black levels look? What color screen are you using? If you're using keystone, do you notice any image degradation? Thanks.

Last edited:
Tried it on the 106" Graywolf and the 100" BOC. It's not the C/R of an HT1100 but it's very very good.

The basement is a cave and on low power it's not as bright as a XR-10X but brighter than most HT rigs. It's nice to be able to turn on a awag lamp and not wash out the picyure! I need a shorter pole so using +2 keystone and it doesn't degrde the i JOE SCORES!! oh, it 's keystone is very good, very little perceptable distortion. The optics are good, not as sharp as the HT1100 but you need a really critical eye to be able to tell.

There is a slight bit of pincushion on 4:3 material, but that may be due to the keystone, I'll know more when I can spend time with it Wednesday. Bambi must die first!

btw Mcc, looks like your guys are moving up to 5th in the BCS.

Last edited:
Hd1000

What do you mean by "pincushion"? I don't follow college football, but I'm a huge Chicago Bears fan. Where did you buy the HD1000 from?

this is a great PJ

NEVER NEVER NEVER use digital keystone correction...by doing so you are losing about 30 % ? of your resolution.

i am very aware of that....my apologies, let me try to explain further...

Any electronic sizing adjustment on a digital display AND ESPECIALLY digital keystoning adjustment will make the image degrade to crap. To demonstate, put up a multi burst pattern and make the adjustment, the vertical lines, which should on stacked on vertical pixels, would go to stairsteps and severely degrade. Please note that I originally posted 30% with a question mark, as I dont believe the amount of degradation is truly measureable, but it is my rough stab at it.

Happy tweeking!!

Gregg

Update!

While working on calibration last night during the HDNet hockey game the lamp began to flicker!:mad:

I turned it off and haven't got back to it yet today.

Hd1000

What's in Phoenix? I just saw yesterday that Projectorpeople.com reduced the price to $899 for the HD1000. UNBELIEVABLE !!!!! And they're a Mits. authorized dealer also.

Update,
The flicker is back. It happens after 2-3 hours of operation. Last night I changed the sourse resolution and it went away for about 45 minutes then came back.

Currently I am on hold with Mits Tech support to try to get this resolved but I've been on hold now for 15 minutes and counting, Tim answered the phone, he was very good and professional. They are shipping a replacement lamp out right away . Great customer service and support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts