Mitsubishi 52682 post lamp installation problem

lzboy6

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 17, 2014
California
Hello Folks, I really need help with our Mitsubishi WD 52628 set is getting up in age (mfg: 2005) but it has been a real trooper for us and I need help for the technically challenged person I am at 69 years old.
I replaced our projection lamp with a new one yesterday as the screen pictures were getting darker and darker and brightness controls no longer helped.
Bulb replaced, appletv works just fine, DVD will not display at all with screen black.
Dish screen started with a solid blue screen. I did a TV reset and instead of a blue screen when switched to SAT with hopper we now get a black screen with lightning like colors, blue and red, that move horizontally across and down through the screen. We have sound back that was gone when blue screen was on and we can change channels with the remote but
no sat picture.
I am lost, the owners manual confuses me more than helps. I apologize in advance for the long winded post
but the thought of missing Downton Abbey tonight has my wife nervous. : )
Thank you for any help.
Bob

Put the old lamp back in and see if things are back to normal, but with dark picture. Could be a bad lamp, the one time I tried a non OEM lamp, it was bad and made my Mits act all screwy, put the original back in and things were fine. I ordered another OEM Mits lamp and its been perfect ever since. Its on 8-10 hrs a day at my lake house where my mom now lives.

This reminds me I should order another lamp, as its been a year since I replaced the DMD module to cure the black dots syndrome and a little longer than that since I last replaced the lamp

Reactions: lzboy6
Thank you osu 1991 I did put the old lamp back twice and had a blue screen regardless of where tv was switched be it sat,
appletv or dvd.

You said Apple TV works fine with new bulb? That would indicate the new bulb was installed and functioning correctly. Did you double check your cables for the DVD and Dish both at the tv and the units. If you removed them for the bulb change they may be plugged in wrong. If you didn't need to remove them they may still have worked loose.

Thank you and yes I did check all cables a couple of times. I did not remove any cables when installing the new bulb.
We are happy to see that dish is recording as set.

The Dish input cable goes into the Dish box. Coming out of the Dish box is a 4 plug blue cable that plugs into the back of the tv on "component box 1". One tv hdmi cable runs to the sony blu ray set the second runs to apple tv. The dvd works well and appletv works well.

If using component it should be 5 cables not 4. Red Green Blue (video) and red white or red black for audio.

Did you unplug the video cables when you changed the lamp? What Dish receiver do you have?

If you have correct picture and audio on the HDMI inputs now, then you are almost there.

You may have the colored component cables plugged into the wrong plugs or maybe one of your component cables is loose and not completely plugged in. If the Red Green Blue Video cables from the Dish receiver are not plugged into the correct corresponding colored input on the TV, you will get a messed up picture

You are right about 5 cables not 4. None were disturbed and I just rechecked them. We have a Hopper receiver. Still have sound and can change channels with the Dish screen. Screen is black and now has horizontal red bars runing from top to bottom on the screen.

I just checked my online account with Dish. I have a hopper2000 installed November 2013.

If the HDMI inputs are still working, I would just unplug the HDMI from the DVD player and plug it into the Hopper, you can at least watch the Hopper and rule out any problems with it being the Hopper.

osu1991 Bless you for your kind assistance today. Plugging the hdmi back into the hopper worked perfectly. And appletv is working perfectly as well. The rest we will sort.
Again, appreciate your taking your time to help us.

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts