Mitsubishi WS-55511 Screen Question

Kurkus

Original poster
May 26, 2009
Lansing, Michigan
I have a 55" WS-55511 Mitsubishi TV and now have a small crack on the outside screen

Is this screen Glass or Plastic? is the screen just a glare screen?

How do I know if I have a diamond Screen or plain plastic screen

Can I remove the screen and watch the TV without the outside scren?

Can I order a replacement screen and where would I get one least expensively

thanks for any help anyone can offer

The last discussions concerning this model was years ago so I put this here

I believe it has the plain plastic screen. You might try calling an authorized service rep in your area. It might be hard to get hold of being six years old.

S~

I believe it has the plain plastic screen. You might try calling an authorized service rep in your area. It might be hard to get hold of being six years old.

S~

It does look like it's plain plastic with another screen (diamond maybe?) about an inch behind this one

I wonder if the plastic one can be just removed and left off

I have the Service Manual for the WS-ssm13 series, but I'm not sure if it would help you much as Mitsubishi can't even come up with a standard set of screen disassemblely instructions even within the same model year. You can try Googling your model number and "Service Manual" and see if you can score a PDF of your manual.

Also, the Home Theater Spot has a lot of Mitsubishi RPTV owners and has been a good source of information for me.

I just replaced my WS-55511 about 4 months ago (lightning strike). The front screen is plexiglas to protect the diamond screen behind. It is removable and replaceable. If I recall you can remove the top trim piece around the plexiglas screen and lift the screen out the top. It's a shame you're not closer because I have that screen in my storage shed. Don't ask me why I saved it, but just couldn't see throwing it out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts