Mix cable internet with satellite?

Dover

Original poster
Sep 9, 2009
Texas
I live in an apartment. I have cable internet and want to know if it is possible to mix Dish with the cable internet connection?

Thanks,
Mike

I have the same setup & the cable internet is mixed with TV2 output of my 625 & its working perfectly. Dont know if it can be mixed with the cable coming into from Dish to 625 though (the input for LNBs)

Say what?

I live in an apartment. I have cable internet and want to know if it is possible to mix Dish with the cable internet connection?

Thanks,
Mike

What are you asking? Are you asking if you can connect the ethernet port to a cable router or trying to get your dish to work off the cable connection? Really unsure what you are asking.

I'm a little unsure what your asking as well, but cable can be diplexed into the same line that your receiver is on. I do it all the time and have never had any problems with it.

I'm a little unsure what your asking as well, but cable can be diplexed into the same line that your receiver is on. I do it all the time and have never had any problems with it.

It depends upon the cable system. Here, with Time warner's Road Runner, it's not a good idea. Down in SC just south of here, techs have claimed they can diplex satellite and hi speed internet on the same line.
I do not do it . I run a seprate line. I do not want that phone call later that day from my dispatch telling me the customer called in to complain their internet isn't working.
The easiest way is run a seperate line.

Don't get me wrong, having a seperate line is definitely preferable, but many times at MDU's it is not possible to run a second line. So, we end up having to diplex cable modems and sat signals quite often. But I feel you on wanting to avoid that phone call later in the day....I hate it when dispatch calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)