MLB 2008 Season

The Braves beat the Marlins tonight, 16-14. Do you think if the Falcons played the Dolphins they would score that many points?

Tribe pounds the White Sox 9-3. If they win this afternoon, the Indians will not only sweep the Sox, but will also pull within 8.5 games of first. All we need now is for both the Twins and White Sox to have a colossal meltdown, while the Indians continue to be the hottest team in baseball.

Tribe pounds the White Sox 9-3. If they win this afternoon, the Indians will not only sweep the Sox, but will also pull within 8.5 games of first. All we need now is for both the Twins and White Sox to have a colossal meltdown, while the Indians continue to be the hottest team in baseball.

Would have been nice to still have CC now, wouldn't it.

Yeah, it's too bad after the year the Indians had in 2007. I guess you could classify their 2008 season as a "flop". Oh well, go get 'em next year. :D

Yeah, it's too bad after the year the Indians had in 2007. I guess you could classify their 2008 season as a "flop". Oh well, go get 'em next year. :D

Bill, you're right. The Indians season was a flop. I pinpoint our bullpen issues and injuries as the major factor. With our recent turnaround though (since July 10th, the Indians have the best record in the AL), at least it gives us Cleveland fans some promise for next year. With the money saved by trading Sabathia, Byrd and Blake, I expect them to go after another big bat and an established closer. If we get those 2 pieces, I don't see why we can't right this ship.

Bill, you're right. The Indians season was a flop. I pinpoint our bullpen issues and injuries as the major factor. With our recent turnaround though (since July 10th, the Indians have the best record in the AL), at least it gives us Cleveland fans some promise for next year. With the money saved by trading Sabathia, Byrd and Blake, I expect them to go after another big bat and an established closer. If we get those 2 pieces, I don't see why we can't right this ship.

Yup. Like I said before, IMO, this season was an aberration for the Indians. YOU WILL be a team that will be heard from in 2009. Just too much talent on that team for it to be otherwise.

Yup. Like I said before, IMO, this season was an aberration for the Indians. YOU WILL be a team that will be heard from in 2009. Just too much talent on that team for it to be otherwise.

However, I do not feel good about Pronk AT ALL! From MLB.com:

"I get a lot of e-mails about Hafner's condition, and I thought I'd try to give you the best medical explanation I could get out of head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff. He said Hafner's shoulder weakness is the result of a faulty shoulder blade.

According to Soloff, Hafner was able to build up the muscles surrounding his clavicle, and that had the effect of masking what was going on in the scapula (shoulder blade) area. Beneath the surface, the muscles around Pronk's scapula were wasting away, unbeknownst to the player and the team. Both parties insist Hafner wasn't bothered by the shoulder in 2007. It is still the Indians' belief that surgery would not help Hafner's condition. Rather, they plan to have Pronk maintain a strength program that addresses his scapula area. It is Soloff's contention that, with proper maintenance of the condition, Hafner should be able to eventually play every day without enduring another loss of shoulder strength. We shall see. " :confused:

However, I do not feel good about Pronk AT ALL! From MLB.com:

"I get a lot of e-mails about Hafner's condition, and I thought I'd try to give you the best medical explanation I could get out of head athletic trainer Lonnie Soloff. He said Hafner's shoulder weakness is the result of a faulty shoulder blade.

According to Soloff, Hafner was able to build up the muscles surrounding his clavicle, and that had the effect of masking what was going on in the scapula (shoulder blade) area. Beneath the surface, the muscles around Pronk's scapula were wasting away, unbeknownst to the player and the team. Both parties insist Hafner wasn't bothered by the shoulder in 2007. It is still the Indians' belief that surgery would not help Hafner's condition. Rather, they plan to have Pronk maintain a strength program that addresses his scapula area. It is Soloff's contention that, with proper maintenance of the condition, Hafner should be able to eventually play every day without enduring another loss of shoulder strength. We shall see. " :confused:

Yeah, there's been rumblings on what is actually going on with Hafner here in Cleveland too. His strength and shoulder just doesn't seem to be improving at all. It doesn't look good.

Bad thing for the Indians is that we just gave him a very lucrative contract at the midway point of last year.

Yeah, there's been rumblings on what is actually going on with Hafner here in Cleveland too. His strength and shoulder just doesn't seem to be improving at all. It doesn't look good.

Bad thing for the Indians is that we just gave him a very lucrative contract at the midway point of last year.

And, according to sources, it would have to be a career-ending injury to collect insurance on him. And even at best the Tribe would only recoup 3 year's worth of Pronk's salary.

I feel bad about Pronk because he is such a sweetheart and embraced the Cleveland community and WANTS to play there throughout his career. It's very sad.

And, according to sources, it would have to be a career-ending injury to collect insurance on him. And even at best the Tribe would only recoup 3 year's worth of Pronk's salary.

I feel bad about Pronk because he is such a sweetheart and embraced the Cleveland community and WANTS to play there throughout his career. It's very sad.

Yes it is too bad. I feel bad for him as well. He loves this game and has given a lot to the city. Hopefully he finds a way to get healthy and play again.

Carlos Quentin

The magical season of Carlos Quentin's may be over...or significantly side-tracked according to various sources. He may very well show up for tonight's game vs. the Angels sporting a cast on his forearm. An MRI has been taken and the Sox are absolutely "mumm" about the results. Time will tell.

It's too bad if it's true. His season has been truly a joy to observe. I wish the big guy all the best.

The magical season of Carlos Quentin's may be over...or significantly side-tracked according to various sources. He may very well show up for tonight's game vs. the Angels sporting a cast on his forearm. An MRI has been taken and the Sox are absolutely "mumm" about the results. Time will tell.

It's too bad if it's true. His season has been truly a joy to observe. I wish the big guy all the best.

I wonder if this will derail his chances for the AL MVP award?

Sadly enough, I would have to say so. With that pesky little S.O.B. Dustin Pedroia continuing to do magical things game after game, I'd say he's the next in line.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, Pedroia has been on a tear that is unfathomable. ESPN took an AL MVP poll the other day and Pedroia got about 60% of the votes. The little guy is creeping into my all-time favorite athletes very quickly. he's not quite there with Bird, Brady, and Ortiz yet................but he's getting there!

Redskins Offered Obstructed TV View

UEFA Champions League 2008

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)