MLB 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
While your looking, see if you can find a spare 3 and 4 starter for the Tigers too !
The Buchholz injury (and to a lesser extent Dice-K's) has really hurt.

Lackey just plain S-U-C-K-S, and I don't know if we can trust Bedard in a playoff game. In the playoffs, it will be "Beckett and Lester, and hope for the besta"! :eek:

The Buchholz injury (and to a lesser extent Dice-K's) has really hurt.

Lackey just plain S-U-C-K-S, and I don't know if we can trust Bedard in a playoff game. In the playoffs, it will be "Beckett and Lester, and hope for the besta"! :eek:

Well, maybe our teams will meet and we won't have to worry about pitching ....
Here is Verlander, maybe Scherzer and pray for rain ... :)

Well, maybe our teams will meet and we won't have to worry about pitching ....
Here is Verlander, maybe Scherzer and pray for rain ... :)
Well, Verlander will be favorite over ANY pitcher he goes against-whether it's Sabathia, Beckett, Lester, Halladay, Lee, etc.- you just have to hope you can win the OTHER games. :)

Someone pointed out in the Washington Post today that the only playoff contender that has a suitable game three starter is the California Angels, so while none of us are happy with our likely game 3 starters, it's not like he'll be going up against Bob Gibson.

Well, Verlander will be favorite over ANY pitcher he goes against-whether it's Sabathia, Beckett, Lester, Halladay, Lee, etc.- you just have to hope you can win the OTHER games. :)

Verlander has an ERA of 2.34 Becket has an ERA of 2.54, so Verlander tends to give up one fewer earned run than Beckett does every FIVE complete games. On the other hand, the Red Sox have scored 80 more runs than have the Tigers, meaning they tend to score three more runs than do the Tigers every five games. Advantage: Red Sox.

Verlander has an ERA of 2.34 Becket has an ERA of 2.54, so Verlander tends to give up one fewer earned run than Beckett does every FIVE complete games. On the other hand, the Red Sox have scored 80 more runs than have the Tigers, meaning they tend to score three more runs than do the Tigers every five games. Advantage: Red Sox.

Interesting mathmatics ...

Panic time! Beckett just got pulled after throwing just 58 pitches in 3.2 shutout innings versus Toronto. According to ESPN's game log, he was removed due to an "apparent right leg injury". Stay tuned.

Panic time! Beckett just got pulled after throwing just 58 pitches in 3.2 shutout innings versus Toronto. According to ESPN's game log, he was removed due to an "apparent right leg injury". Stay tuned.
If it's a minor thing, I say shut him down for the next three weeks!

The Red Sox have announced that Eric Bedard will skip his next turn, which was to have been on Friday, to protect his weak knee. If Becket can't make his next start, then they'll have to scrounge up a fifth starter for this time through the rotation.

For better or for worse, Wakefield is now looking like a lock to get five more chances for win number 200, whereas a few days ago, it was looking like he might not get another start for the rest of the season.

No Josh Beckett = We're f***ed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

LMAO! I only laugh because of how final it sounds! You guys have had an amazing year, I think more due to the hitting than the pitching and it comes down to that simple little phrases:

"No Josh Beckett = We're f***ed."

Good to see that the Dodgers can still draw a full house on the road! ;)

Meanwhile, the Red Sox are 18 for 33 tonight. What's that work out to, about .545? Why can't they average this stuff out?

IMHO, Scutaro is worth the $5 million or so they are paying him.

Last edited:
Good to see that the Dodgers can still draw a full house on the road! ;)

Meanwhile, the Red Sox are 18 for 33 tonight. What's that work out to, about .545? Why can't they average this stuff out?

IMHO, Scutaro is worth the $5 million or so they are paying him.

Tigers had 18 runs the other night, have scored 8 or 9 runs with 1 game exception in the last week, they have 10 so far tonight.

Just thought I would take a look, the night they scored 18 was against the Wh Sox, but they had 24 hits in 48 AB's.

On the thirteenth day of Strasmas,
my pitcher gave to me:
Code:
Pitcher   IP  H R ER BB SO HR  PC-ST ERA 
Strasburg 5.0 2 0  0  0  4  0  56-40 0.00

Unfortunately, the Washington bullpen blew the save already, so Strasmas cannot be the pitcher of record either way.

The Red Sox have announced that Eric Bedard will skip his next turn, which was to have been on Friday, to protect his weak knee. If Becket can't make his next start, then they'll have to scrounge up a fifth starter for this time through the rotation....

Weiland will pitch on Friday, so Lester seems likely to be pitching on four day's rest in Beckets turn, but the way the Red Sox pamper starters at this time of year, I won't be surprised if the Sox start Aceves or Doubront or someone else on Sunday. As I type this, ESPN has just announced that someone anonymously said to the Boston Globe that Beckett's sprain is "bad" but not likely top need surgery. A talking head on ESPN says that Bucholz will probably start in the last rotation turn at the end pof the season.

Ted Red Sox could easily go Lester, Lackey, Bedard and then choose between Miller or Lester for game 4 depending on how they fare in the first three games.

I'm beginning to wonder if Tim Wakefield will ever get his 200th win. He left with an 8-5 lead (4 earned) after five innings, but then, when the Red Sox brought in the "A-Team", Bard pitched the worst inning of his life, giving up five runs and thereby blowing the hold/save.

Status
Not open for further replies.