Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Ok, Spring Training is almost here and I am feeling really good about the Reds again this year. They need to make a better showing in the playoffs of course and I think they have the team to do it.

Ok, Spring Training is almost here and I am feeling really good about the Reds again this year. They need to make a better showing in the playoffs of course and I think they have the team to do it.

I like them in the Central. I like the Marlins as the possible WILD CARD....but getting by Philly is a VERY tall mountain.

As far as the NL West, I think any team can win it. I do not think the Dodgers are all that good this year. The Giants on paper, like last year, are not that good. Just like last year I said their pitching is good enough to barely make it to the playoffs, but once in, it is good enough to take them all of the way. Their offense overachieved last year.

The Pads, Roxs, and D-Backs all got better. The Dodgers did not get better, but last year they underachieved with the same team that had the second best record in the NL the year before

No...they didn't. They improved their defense, 5th starter and the bullpen. With Stanton playing a full season AND Coughlin being healthy...they will be a better team.

You just don't follow them as much as I do.;)
They lost most of their infield and 1/3 of their outfield, representing pretty much all of their power last year

They lost most of their infield and 1/3 of their outfield, representing pretty much all of their power last year

They lost 2 error prone infielders and and a fast CF that cannot hit a curveball if it stood on a tee. Mike Stanton, between minor league and the majors, he hit 43 HRs... 22 in 100 games in the majors. They have the ROY and runner up to ROY in the last 2 years. Added a better than good/less than very good defensive 2nd baseman in Omar Infante at the top of the order with Coughlin. Believe me, this will be a BETTER fielding team(which cost the Marlins quite a few games) that will still be in the top 10 in home runs.

If the Marlins didn't trade Uggla, they'd be a slam-dunk Wild Card pick for me.

A few things.... Marlins defense was HORRIBLE last year, dead LAST in the Majors in fielding. Uggla tied for 1st with most errors at 2nd base. So as much as he gave the Marlins in his power and RBIs...he gave back with his errors.

Again, keep your eyes on Mike Stanton....AND Logan Morrison, who I think will be in the top 3 for ROY.

I can't wait for baseball season to start. As much as I like hockey,there just seems to be something missing between the end of football with the Super Bowl,& the beginning of baseball with spring training. I guess this year,the team to watch in the AL are the Boston Red Sox,& in the NL,the Philadelphia Phillies. I wonder if the Toronto Blue Jays will finish above the Yankees & Rays this season?

I think the ONLY way anyone beats Philly...an injury to TWO of the stars.... really. They are THAT good and by far, the very best team IMHO, in all of baseball.

Injuries happen every year to star players you normally count on.
It's very possibly that Star players will be injured on MOST teams.

Of course, most teams injuries are overcome and the players come back to continue the season, and potentially STILL contribute to the team the rest of the way !

I can't wait for baseball season to start. As much as I like hockey,there just seems to be something missing between the end of football with the Super Bowl,& the beginning of baseball with spring training. I guess this year,the team to watch in the AL are the Boston Red Sox,& in the NL,the Philadelphia Phillies. I wonder if the Toronto Blue Jays will finish above the Yankees & Rays this season?

NASCAR fills the time between Football and the start of the baseball season.
SpeedWeeks start this week for the Daytona 500 :up

NASCAR fills the time between Football and the start of the baseball season.
SpeedWeeks start this week for the Daytona 500 :up

Whoo Hooo!

Dont forget the Marlins also got a starting catcher , and by the way you can have mr Ugulla, strikes out with men on then hits homerun with no one on. Harv

A few things.... Marlins defense was HORRIBLE last year, dead LAST in the Majors in fielding. Uggla tied for 1st with most errors at 2nd base. So as much as he gave the Marlins in his power and RBIs...he gave back with his errors.

Again, keep your eyes on Mike Stanton....AND Logan Morrison, who I think will be in the top 3 for ROY.
He also cost the NL the All Star game a few years ago. One error, I can understand that, but the dude made several errors in a big game.

I would bet that he would be better off playing first or the outfield.

harveystern said:
Dont forget the Marlins also got a starting catcher , and by the way you can have mr Ugulla, strikes out with men on then hits homerun with no one on. Harv

I liked Uggla....but hated the errors more. He also wanted more than he was worth. I thought the final offer the Marlins gave him was fair for a 32 year old 2nd basemen.

Just happened to be in downtown Boston late this morning, when I saw a police car leading a procession. Included in the procession was the Red Sox equipment van headed for Florida and a decorated flatbed truck with college-aged students in full Red Sox gear dancing to "Hot time in the summertime".

GO RED SOX!!!!! :)

Just happened to be in downtown Boston late this morning, when I saw a police car leading a procession. Included in the procession was the Red Sox equipment van headed for Florida and a decorated flatbed truck with college-aged students in full Red Sox gear dancing to "Hot time in the summertime".

GO RED SOX!!!!! :)
bdd_truck2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts