MLB 2012 Postseason

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
My team has been out of it since around the All-Star break, but I still look forward to October baseball! The Reds and Nationals are already in, who will join them?

The postseason starts Friday, October 5th with the two single elimination Wild Card playoff games.

If they make the playoffs, as we saw last year, the Cardinals are gonna be a VERY tough out as defending champs.

Last year- down to last strike twice in one game, 4-0 in do-or-die games.

Im sick of the Cards. I like some new blood in the playoffs like the Nats. Hopefully, the Orioles and the A's make it.

I am tired of the Yankees always in it who spend money out the wazoo and baseball needs a hard slary cap :) Go Cards :)

Last edited:
Im assuming your talking about how the Mets are always on national television, even though they stink? I dont blame you. The Mets dont belong on national tv by the way they have been playing the past few years.

Actually, I have the superstations which include WWOR & WPIX. Enjoy watching and listening to Mets broadcast on the PIX, broadcasters do a good job, like Ron Darling's insight. Like to hear Ralph Kiner, though he's up in years, always good to hear his voice. Always like to hear stories from those who have been in the game for some time. Being a Cards fan, I think the Giant's Duane Kuiper & Mike Krukow are one of the best tandems in baseball broadcasting. Vin Scully? He could talk about Jason Marquis life for nine innings if he had to. Vin signed up for another year, I'll enjoy his broadcasts as much as I can.

Reds are now the NL Central Division Champs.
Giants are now the NL Western Division Champs.

Might not be a ratings grabber for a lot of the country, but I think a Nat's Orioles WS for something completely different would be interesting. (nothing against the Cards. :)) just meant for a little change of teams. I'm with Bill, my teams been out for a long time and I think he's being generous when he says the All Star game :D, Been a looong season. Can't wait for post season to start.!

You want bad announcers? How about Sterling and Waldman for the Yankees on radio? They are the worst!

You want bad announcers? How about Sterling and Waldman for the Yankees on radio? They are the worst!
Part of my old p/t job was running Yankee games, being a Sox fan that was bad enough but having to listen to those 2. First I thought it was just me being a Sox fan, but when I listen to them, it seems they have no rhythym for each other and may not even be paying attention to each other. I try to not criticize anyone doing their job, but they are like nails on a chalkboard. :D

Part of my old p/t job was running Yankee games, being a Sox fan that was bad enough but having to listen to those 2. First I thought it was just me being a Sox fan, but when I listen to them, it seems they have no rhythym for each other and may not even be paying attention to each other. I try to not criticize anyone doing their job, but they are like nails on a chalkboard. :D

Pay attention to each other? Heck, they don't even pay attention to the game! ;)

I'm with Bill, my teams been out for a long time and I think he's being generous when he says the All Star game :D, Been a looong season. Can't wait for post season to start.!

LOL....you're right, it's more like Memorial Day! :eek: :D

MLB Playoffs 2012

I have my tickets for the 4th game of the NLDS of the Reds series. Hopefully they actually play this long this time.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

According to my program guide, the AL and NL Wild Card Games are scheduled at 6:00pm ET and 9:30pm ET next Friday night. But unless Oakland is hosting one of those games, look for the starting times to be 5:00 ET and 8:30 ET.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts