MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I respect everything Jackie Robinson did ....

Do we REALLY have to have EVERYONE wearing the number 42 and NO NAME on the back no less.

I have NO CLUE who's on base or in the field today.
"PROGRAM, PROGRAM, CAN'T TELL THE PLAYERS WITHOUT A PROGRAM!". Umm, wait a minute. ... :)

Jimbo, I am sitting here in stitches because (of all people!) the beloved Vin Scully is commiserating on how difficult it is to know the players today!!!! And he was Jackie's close friend.

So, you're in fine company after all.

Jimbo, I am sitting here in stitches because (of all people!) the beloved Vin Scully is commiserating on how difficult it is to know the players today!!!! And he was Jackie's close friend.

So, you're in fine company after all.

:D

Vin and me in the same sentence .... how bizarre !

Btw, I'm Honored !

Kemp is leading MLB with 6 HRs and every one of them was hit to the opposite field and all against the Padres.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Kemp is leading MLB with 6 HRs and every one of them was hit to the opposite field and all against the Padres.

Which means:
1) Kemp is very good.
2) Padres pitching is very bad.
3) Dodgers have played the Padres in two of the first three series this season.

#1 and 3 are correct. Padres offense is bad, but their pitching is actually half way decent.

For any player to hit 6 HRs against one team for an entire season is impressive, but in just 2 series is really impressive.

That was the strangest triple play I have ever seen.

There is luck, and then there is LUCK. That was pure LUCK.

For those that did not see the triple play let me do my best to describe it. This is one where you have to see it to believe it.

As many baseball fans know, closer pitch best when they are in a save situation. Many closer cannot pitch very well, for some reason, when it is not a save situation. Javy Guerra, the Dodgers closer, was brought into pitch the 9th in a tie game. He could not find the strike zone.

The first batter got on with a hit and the second batter walked. With two on and no outs the third guy came up to bunt them over. When he squared to bunt the ball was going right towards his chest. He went to jump out of the way and let go of the bat. The ball then hit the bat, while it was not in his hand, and bounced just in front of the plate. The catcher then picked up the ball, threw it to third for the first out, and then to second for the second out, and to first for the third out. None of the Padres even moved off the base because they thought the ump called the ball foul or called it a hit by pitch.

Last edited:
Here's that triple play. Sometime you just need to get a little lucky

[video]http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=20655513&c_id=mlb[/video]

On July 15, 1967, the Boston Red Sox pulled off a triple play against the Baltimore Orioles on the first pitch swung at in the game. Rookie Gary Waslewski was the starter, but the bullpen catcher who had warmed him up. Russ Gibson, told the manager that Waslewski had a mechanical problem that they had been unable to remedy, and advised him to have a long reliever ready. Waslewski walked Luis Aparacio on four pitches and Russ Snyder on five, with a called strike, and he was then pulled with 2-0 count on the third hitter, Paul Blair. Jose Santiago came in and Blair hit Santiago's first pitch into an around the horn triple play: Foy to Andrews to Scott.

Last edited:
IS Bobby Valetine TRYING to light under Youklis(sorry for the spelling) by throwing him under the bus yesterday(..."I don't know if he emotionally or physically into the game as he been in the past"...) or turning into the douchy Bobby V.?

salsadancer7 said:
IS Bobby Valetine TRYING to light under Youklis(sorry for the spelling) by throwing him under the bus yesterday(..."I don't know if he emotionally or physically into the game as he been in the past"...) or turning into the douchy Bobby V.?

Most likely the latter.

I don't understand it either, they just beat the Rays 3 straight and people were starting to think that things were looking up. Than this idiot opens his mouth.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

It's Strasmas

Update:

2 earned runs in six innings tonight more than doubled Strasburg's ERA, from 0.69 to 1.42. Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Last edited:

Most likely the latter.

I don't understand it either, they just beat the Rays 3 straight and people were starting to think that things were looking up. Than this idiot opens his mouth.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I dont know about the whole Bobby V./Youk saga. I mean if Bobby V. is saying these things I guess he would know what hes talking about since hes the manager. Maybe, hes lying but who knows. Bottom line is that they are playing better so I would think everything is gravy but I guess not.

One thing about Bobby V. is that hes a great manager but he'll but heads with just about anybody.

I guess that botched call by the umpire got the Padres fired up. Pads 7, Rockies 1.

Just to clarify, yes, it was a fair ball. But the ump made confusing gestures like he was calling it a dead ball, and that froze the runners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)