MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brewers OF Ryan Braun wins appeal. 50 game suspension overturned .first drug suspension overturned in MLB history

rey_1178 said:
Brewers OF Ryan Braun wins appeal. 50 game suspension overturned .first drug suspension overturned in MLB history

I wonder if that had anything to do with the commissioner having owned the brewers.

I think it has more to do with him being MVP and VERY popular.

see - Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa
So do I. If he were another JC Romero, then the appeal would have went a different direction. Even if he was hated as much as Manny, it would have gone the other direction.

The Reds agreed to an extension for LHP Sean Marshall of 3 years through the 2015 season

For those interested, the MLB AtBat 2012 APP just came out today. Unlike previous years, this year's version is the same for both the iPhone and iPad. If you have both devices you no longer need to pay $30 to install both versions of the APP. Now one $15 purchase covers all of your iDevices.

Plus the APP for any device is free if you have an MLB.TV Premium Account.

I hear MLB is tinkering with the playoff format and will add two more playoff spots this year.

Good idea?

I say yes- it allows other team's to have a chance. The rest of the NL East won't feel helpless when the Phillies jump out to a huge lead by July.

SabresRule said:
I hear MLB is tinkering with the playoff format and will add two more playoff spots this year.

Good idea?

I say yes- it allows other team's to have a chance. The rest of the NL East won't feel helpless when the Phillies jump out to a huge lead by July.

I love the idea, but HATE the idea that baseball in November due to weather is a distinct possibility.

I know that it will NEVER, EVER happen, but I think it is time to think of a 148 game season and start the season on May 1st.

I love the idea, but HATE the idea that baseball in November due to weather is a distinct possibility.

I know that it will NEVER, EVER happen, but I think it is time to think of a 148 game season and start the season on May 1st.

The only time that baseball is really fun to watch is during a pennant chase,or wildcard chase like with the Cardinals & the Braves last year,& the playoffs when the games really count......although,baseball is still far more interesting to watch than Cricket. I still can't figure out WTF they are doing if & when I watch Cricket.

It's official...

Major League Baseball expanded its playoff format to 10 teams Friday, adding a second wild card in each league.

The decision establishes a new one-game, wild-card round in each league between the teams with the best records who are not division winners, meaning a third-place team could win the World Series.

MLB to expand playoffs by two teams to 10 - ESPN

One game? That's nuts. How about 2 out of 3. Why does Baseball feel the need to do all this stuff?

Last edited:
One game? That's nuts. How about 2 out of 3. Why does Baseball feel the need to do all this stuff?

"One game? That's kind of crazy," designated hitter David Ortiz said. "You know how many things we've got to move around and pack for one game? It'd make more sense for two wild cards to play at least a two-out-of-three series while the other teams take a break for three days because they won their divisions."
:)

Good idea?

I neither like or dislike it, however, i do dislike the idea of it being a 1 GAME event, should be 3.

I too dislike the idea of the WS in November,

Maury Brown at the Biz of Baseball says while we know MLB will announce expanded Wild Card Playoff games today, we don’t know which network will air them.

Bob Wolfley at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel wonders if another network will join Fox and TBS in airing the MLB Postseason this year.

The luck of the pirates, Burnett bunted a ball off the plate and broke his orbital bone, he'll be out 4 to 8 weeks.

I see there are some spring training games on MLB today, looking toward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)