MLB 2012 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may need to add the name of your beloved Dodgers to that list with the way they have been playing, sir. :p
That is how this discussion got started to begin with

http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/278232-MLB-2012-Season?p=2956672#post2956672

I notice that whenever a team makes a trade to get powerful hitters, those teams seldom seem to be as powerful as they should.

I think the Dodgers would score more runs if they still had Harrison batting cleanup. It is despicable to see such a powerful offense unable to score runs in CO against horrible CO pitchers.

The Baltimore Orioles, who are now just three and one half games behind the Yankees in the AL East standings, begin a three game series at Yankee Stadium on Friday and could find themselves alone in first place in the American League East come Sunday night! Who'd'a thunk it?

The Baltimore Orioles, who are now just three and one half games behind the Yankees in the AL East standings, begin a three game series at Yankee Stadium on Friday and could find themselves alone in first place in the American League East come Sunday night! Who'd'a thunk it?

If they are 3 1/2 games behind and only play them 3 games, then they can't even be tied for first if they swept the Yankees.

If they are 3 1/2 games behind and only play them 3 games, then they can't even be tied for first if they swept the Yankees.

Baltimore is leading the White Sox this afternoon, presently by a score of 4-1.

Last edited:
Reds are the first team to 80 wins. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the year?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Over three-fourths of the seats behind home plate at the Cardinals/Nationals game are vacant. Must be that the big shots who own them are off on their Labor Day vacations.

Code:
Pitchers   IP   H  R  ER  BB  SO  HR  PC-ST   ERA
J Beckett  6.2  6  1   1   1   9   1  102-70  2.92

Why can't "we" get guys like that? :confused:

Over three-fourths of the seats behind home plate at the Cardinals/Nationals game are vacant. Must be that the big shots who own them are off on their Labor Day vacations.

I noticed that last night in the Oakland / Red Sox game, it appeared a lot of empty seats. I'll be interested to see how they look today. (yep still watching :D glutton for punishment I guess)

Strasmas report:

Code:
Pitchers    IP   H  R  ER  BB  SO  HR  PC-ST  ERA 
S Strasburg 6.0  2  0   0   1   9   0  97-65  2.94

No decision: left leading 2-0 after 6 complete, but the reliever blew the save.

Total 2012 innings, to date: 156.1.
Innings remaining to season shutdown: ???

Strasmas report:

Code:

23.2 :spy:

Strasmas report:

Code:

Could someone splain to me how they could even contemplate shutting him down, when they have a great shot at going to the World Series (and yes, I know about the TJ surgery)?

The people in Washington are under the delusion that they are building a baseball empire and expect Strasburg to rein over it for the next decade.

I have bad news for the people in Washington. Last year, for a stretch of 130 games, from about the 10th game of the season to the 140th, the Boston Red Sox were the best team in baseball and cruising towards their third World Series in their new "history" of being a dominant franchise. Then, the wheels fell off, without even incurring player defections or injuries. It happens, often. In 1967, the Red Sox took the league by storm with a team of the future: Jim Lonborg, Tony Conigliaro, George Scott, Reggie Smith, Ken Brett, Sparky Lyle. They were going to dominate baseball for the next half a dozen years. Yaz was the "seasoned veteran" at age 28. Today, players minor league options aren't even used up by the time they turn 28. Look what happened.

The body of evidence that pitching "too many innings" is a great threat to recovery from Tommy John surgery is thin. There is also evidence that pitching in general is bad for your arm and football and boxing are bad for your brain and hockey is bad for your front teeth. I say, No guts, no glory.

Last edited:
The following statement is not hyperbole on my part (NOT EVEN CLOSE):

Won/loss records aside, I don't see how it's possible for there to be a worse team in 2012 than the Boston Red Sox (again, NOT EVEN CLOSE)! :eek:

Heres another link about the Red Sox fight. Sorry Bill. http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-into-shouting-match-in-dugout/1#.UEOXoNZlQf4

I think dont know if there identical articles but the article I linked explains the plays that got Aceves and Pedoria into there shouting match. It just gets worse for the Red Sox. If I had to pick a team from each league that has underacheived it would have to be the Red Sox and the Marlins.

Heres another link about the Red Sox fight. Sorry Bill. http://content.usatoday.com/communi...-into-shouting-match-in-dugout/1#.UEOXoNZlQf4

I think dont know if there identical articles but the article I linked explains the plays that got Aceves and Pedoria into there shouting match. It just gets worse for the Red Sox. If I had to pick a team from each league that has underacheived it would have to be the Red Sox and the Marlins.

I don't think "underacheivers" is the first adjective to describe this Red Flops team. I think it's "unlikable". From the "sell everything that's not bolted down" (mis)management, to the manager and MOST of all..... the players.

IMO, the most unlikable Red Sox team in the 38 years I've been following them. And that includes the "25 players, 25 cabs" years and the Dan Duquette error (sic).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memphis Grizzlies VP of Operations found dead

MLB and Fox/TBS for 8 more years

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)